Silence | Chapter 9

Alex was thrown off Tin-Can's back from the strike they received from the reappearing dark rider. Her body was pierced in pain, and she heard Tin-Can's whinnies. For a second everything was blank, and then she was woken up to reality and remembered Nicole. When she opened her eyes she sher saw Nicole being dragged off and strapped to one of the dark horses.

She couldn't believe they got her, but then again she had never battled against three dark riders before. She tried to get up, to help Nicole, but she simply couldn't move. The only thing she could do was call out to her. But, she didn't answer, she wondered if she was okay. So, she watched her failure ride away from her in front of her eyes.

Next Alex saw Tin-Can. His head lying on the ground. She tried to get him up, but he wouldn't move. Alex dragged herself around his body looking for damage, at first she didn't see anything. Untill she looked at his legs. She started weeping into his soft fur, she hated for him to go through any pain, and would take it back two fold, just so he would be okay.

><

Linda was having lunch with her aunt when she gasped. A sudden bright light flashed in front of her eyes, and immediately after she thought about Alex. 

"Linda, is something wrong? Her aunt asked her concerned. She noticed her niece flinch as though she was struck by something invisible. 

"I have to go." Linda said suddenly with urgency in her tone. She quickly got up and left the table. She rode her bike to the stables to get Meteor and tacked him up in record time. Linda didn't know where she was going, she was barely leading Meteor. An understanding flowed between them. Before she knew it she was at Lisa's ranch. She got off Meteor and knocked on the door. 

"Oh, hi Linda! Nice to see ya, let me guess your looking for Lisa?" Carl Peterson said when he opened the door.

Linda nodded.

"She's out back mucking stalls, you should find her there."

Linda thanked him and quickly set off.

She found Lisa working in one of the back stalls, "hey Linda."

"Somethings happened, I need you to come with me."

Lisa's smile drooped, "what is it?"

"I will explain on the way, tack up Starshine and let's go!"

Lisa felt Linda's urgency and tacked up Starshine speedily soon they were on the road.

"Where are we going?" Lisa asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, but I had a vision and Alex needs our help."

The girls rode into the Hollow Woods, Linda letting Meteor guide them. She could barely breath. They turned around a hill and walked in on a horrible scene. Alex sobbing into Tin-Can's fur. He was sprawled out on the ground, and Linda spotted his broken leg.

They both quickly ran to Alex and Tin-Can. Lisa got to work immediately, while Linda comforted Alex. 

Lisa wrapped her hands around where Tin-Can's leg broke and started singing a soft tune. She felt warmth and light around her and between her hands. Soon the bone was mended, and she helped Tin-Can back on his feet. Lisa felt extremely weary after, if it was just a broken bone she wouldn't have been so tired. She knew something happened, something that wasn't just an accident. Alex stopped her tears as soon as her horse was back up, she gave a small smile but still looked miserable. Her face had dirt smudged on it and a large cut on her forehead. Linda helped her stand up, but Alex looked like she couldn't even walk. 

"A little help here?" Linda asked. 

Lisa would have but she was also leaning on Starshine for support, if she healed Alex too she would be out of commission for weeks. Maybe tomorrow, but she had lost too much energy.

"Ugh Linda, I can't. I'm sorry, but after healing Tin-Can I feel too tired."

Linda nodded in understanding, "A hospital then?" 

Lisa nodded in agreement.

Linda helped Alex on Tin-can, and once they were all in the saddle they started walking to the nearest clinic. The ride was silent, and once they arrived Linda rushed in, and a minute later someone ran out to help Alex. Lisa said she was gonna go home and tied up Meteor and Tin-Can while Linda stayed with Alex. 

"She has a concussion, swollen ankle and a fractured rib." The woman said as she came out of the examining room. "I'm calling for transportation to a hospital, I want to confirm her head injury isn't critical... You say this is from a riding accident, correct?" 

Linda nodded.

"Well I suggest when she is released she doesn't start riding until her injuries are healed, as a safety precaution."

Linda nodded again.

Alex was transported to the hospital and Linda texted Anne to go see her. Linda was gonna take Tin-Can back to the stable so he could rest. Anne replied almost immediately, "What happened?"

"I'm not sure, we have to wait until Alex is awake, we will probably find out tomorrow." Linda replied.

"Should I tell Fripp?" Anne asked.

"No, I'm gonna ride out with Meteor to see him now, I will let you know what happens." Linda replied.

Anne sent a thumbs up.

><

Once Lisa got home she untacked Starshine and fell in her bed as soon as she was inside. Clothes and everything. 

"Everything all right?" Her dad asked as he sat on her bed. 

Lisa nodded her head, her dad looked worried. His daughter was barely at home anymore, and when she was, she was always tired. She brushed it off and said it was from riding or mucking out stalls. But he knew better. She had only been gone for 2 hours, and now she could barely keep her eyes open. He left the room silently in deep thought.