Lucien

Feyre's screeches of desperation rang in your ears as Hybern's minions dragged you towards the massive cauldron. Her cries and sobs were deafening.

You struggled and fought back as hard as you could, but you were already being thrust into the depths of the ancient relic before your attempts were able to do anything of use.

It was cold and quiet, the souls within mourned the loss of your life at the hands of Hybern and the highlord of Spring Tamlin.

Then a gift was given to you after your human form was traded for an immortal one.

They gave you power. They gave you will.

The will to keep fighting, and it was in fact that same will and grit that forced you to pull yourself out of that damned cauldron, collapsing onto the freezing tile, staring up at your best friend who stood stiff from a mixture of horror and shock as you lay there sopping wet.

She spoke something that you were too delirious to make out. All you know is a man with striking red hair and a whirring mechanical eye took you away as you fought to stay awake.

Although you ultimately failed in that respect.

*********
You shot up out of bed, the sun assaulting your eyes. You heard a startled yelp across the room and met the eyes of a shocked servant.

She scurried away before you could get a word in and returned with a very flamboyant looking man. "Hello Y/n." He smiled softly.

Your voice came out dry and raspy. "Where am I?"

"You are in the Day court. My name is Helion, I am the highlord here."

"How long have I been here?"

"A little over three weeks."

You reached up and felt your newly pointed ears, noticing all of your senses were on overdrive."I am afraid the cauldron was no dream my dear, you are now fae." Helion confirmed.

"What of Feyre?"

"She is safe, as is her mate and the rest of that group. The same can be said for Lucien."

"Who?"

"The man who brought you here." He clarified. "He has been awfully worried about you."

"Oh yes, I remember him."

"He's roaming around the city somewhere. You may go where you like inside the house or the city, just please don't go outside the boarders on your own, you don't exactly know how to control your fae form yet."

"I don't know much about pyrithian, so I think I'll follow that advice."

"Good. Now, miss Anya here will get you dressed in court colors so you look like less of an outsider. If my people find out you were made by the cauldron, it could cause a panic and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible."

"I understand."

"Then I will leave you ladies to it. Y/n one of my guards will escort you to my meeting room when you're done."

"Thank you Helion."

He closed the door quietly and Anya got to work making you look very elegant in a simple, flowy, blush colored dress and matching handcrafted sandals.

"Are you ready miss Y/n?" Anya wondered gently.

"Let's go." You smiled.

She was kind enough to stay by your side as the guards took you across the massive home and seated you across from the highlord you had spoken to only minutes ago.

"You look beautiful my dear. The color pallet of my court suits you."

"Thank you." You smiled slightly.

"You remember Lucien yes?" He wondered gesturing nonchalantly towards the male who had brought you here.

You nodded and grinned at him only for a moment before Helion again took your attention.

"You can stay in the Day court as long as you would like Y/n, and of course if the estate turns out to be too overwhelming for your taste, you may move wherever you feel most comfortable." He explained quickly. "Now that being said, I'd prefer if you stayed here until we can understand your magic and get it under control."

"That sounds fine to me."

"Wonderful. Of course you may have free reign of the mansion as I've said before, and if you experience any bursts of magic or power please let me know immediately."

"Alright."

He then let you on your way but you couldn't help but glancing at Lucien before you left, there was just something about him that drew you in.

Maybe it was his warm demeanor, maybe it was the way he smiled at you, but you honestly didn't know for sure.

All you knew is he enthralled you and your thoughts seemed to wander back to him whenever you had a moment of peace.

The question was, why?

*********

Over the next few months you had gotten comfortable in the day court and was even able to reunite with Feyre and visit the night court quite a few times.

The truth was the day court had become your home. It was the place that you felt had accepted you with open arms, a place where you felt the safest.

Of course once your magic had come in and you had a decent handle on it, you traded the highlord Helion's estate for your own more private apartment on the quieter side of the city that had it's own community and everyone knew your name.

The downside was you hadn't seen much of Lucien since your first day here which was disappointing but you managed nonetheless.

Of course you never in a million years would've guessed he would show up at your door.

Like right now.

You were just staring at him, and he was staring at you.

"Good morning Lucien."

He seemed a bit flustered. "You remember my name."

"Of course, it would be a shame if I didn't. You brought me to safety."

You stepped aside and allowed him to enter your apartment. "It's cozy in here." He smiled.

"It's growing on me, it was a bit of a fixer-upper when I bought it, but I've made it my own."

"I'm glad you're settling in, I was worried you'd have trouble adapting to fae life."

"Controlling my magic can be a bit difficult at times." You admitted. "My senses are a definitely a pain to figure out."

He smiled sympathetically. "It can be a bit jarring yes. I've lived with them for centuries and I still find difficulty in that area."

"Shoot, I was hoping you could help me."

"I didn't say that I couldn't help you control your senses, I just mean I might not be the best teacher to fit your needs."

"Oh? Well I think I'd like to test that my good sir."

"Is it a date then my lady?"

"I suppose it is."