Meeting Morrigan

I know the title of this chapter is different, but this is just how you would meet mor! I thought it would be kinda boring to have the same title for a bunch of these so I changed it.

Hope you enjoy. :3

Starfall was your favorite holiday, even better than the winter solstice. This year was especially nerve wracking though, you were invited to the highlord's party.

The beautifully decorated parchment was delivered almost a month ago and you immediately went to prepare. No one, not even your sister knew that you were secretly hoping morrigan was the reason you were able to go. Hell, your best friend julie was the only one who knew about our crush and preferred orientation.

You had been falling for her since you shared a brief fling last year after meeting at rita's. Naturally you had to look your best in the hopes you got to see her again

ou wore a floor length satin royal blue gown, styling your H/c hair into an updo with a sliver band woven in the front.

Your palms were sweating as you entered the estate alongside your best friend julie who you were sure would run off to ogle the single unmated males at the party, ditching you at the first opportunity

It was inevitable, just a matter of when, not if. But you weren't here for julie although you were positive you would have to save her from a drunken stupor later that night.

You mingled some, danced some, but most of the night was spent in some isolated corner of the ornately decorated front balcony until starfall officially began.

The most miserable moment of the night was when you were drunkenly hit on by a man. When you tried letting him down gently by saying you preferred females, he made an attempt to grab you when thankfully, the high lady stopped him.

Needless to say you met up with julie and ran out as fast as possible.

××××××××

"Y/n I'm so sorry about that pig. It was honestly vile, are you sure you don't want me to stay over?"

"No julie I'm going to be fine, you can go back to the party. Really, go enjoy yourself."

"Fine but I'm telling the highlord."

"Do whatever you wish julie. Even though I'm sure the high lady told him as soon as we left."

Little did you know she not only told Rhysand but the entire inner circle, who then swiftly removed the man. Julie was then tracked down in an attempt to find you.

With julie:

"Excuse me miss? You were accompanying the guest who was harrassed tonight correct?"

"Yes shadowsinger, I was." Your best friend glared.

"We don't want to cause any more trouble, we just want to know where she went." The highlord assured her.

"She went home."

"Can we know where that is so we may apologize properly?" The high lady pleaded.

Your friend held her retort back as it dawned on her that this could be a great opportunity to make up for a night ruined.

"Very well, on one condition."

Back with you:

You were elbow deep in a tub of your favorite ice cream and sat on your couch in sweats sulking when there was an unexpected knock at your door.

Annoyance quickly settled in your mind and you were now keen on getting rid of them. Only to find the person you've been wanting to see all night standing on your doorstep.

"Y/n?"

You were a bit taken aback by her remembering your name. "Hey mor." You smiled.

She immediately wrapped you in a tight, warm embrace. "If I had known you were the one that left after that whole commotion earlier I would've run over here, I'm so sorry." She whispered. "When your friend said we knew each other I would never in a million years think it was you."

"Come on you must be freezing!" You stated worriedly after noting her lack of a jacket.

"I'm fine, are you okay?"

"Morrigan." You scolded playfully. "I'm a big girl I can handle a little unwanted attention now and again."

"It shouldn't have to happen to anyone especially you, you're too good to go through things like that." She sighed, plopping onto your couch after you wrapped a blanket around her shoulders.

"Mor, I promise you I'm alright."

But you weren't though, not completely. She was the only person who could seen through that facade of yours.

You're certain she shattered it as soon as she planted that soft kiss on your lips. She knew exactly what she was doing to you because she felt the same way.

Let's just say, when you kissed her back. It was the most surprising thing that night to either of you. Personally, you didn't think you had the guts to kiss her back but you did, and mor didn't realize you reciprocated those feelings so this was a giant leap of faith for her.

Regardless, it was the best night of your life after that.