Nesta x female reader part 1

This was requested by Athenodora_Sulpicia I hope you enjoy! (Also side note, I need to update some stuff to include Nesta since Acosf came out so look out for that).

Rhysand and Feyre came to you in the early morning of a seemingly normal winter's day. They needed your assistance with some sort of court business, so they brought you to their mansion.

That was where you met Feyre's sisters.

Elaine was nice enough, but she seemed a bit odd to you. The one you were drawn to was Nesta. Her sharp, cold features and guarded attitude made your heart flutter and you had no idea why.

You were always attracted to women, but you didn't understand why you desperately wanted to know this woman, it was obvious that she had no interest in you. You obviously couldn't call it love, love at first sight was a ridiculous notion for children. Was it lust? Infatuation? You'd have to investigate this further in the future.

Throughout the meeting you stole glances at her while also trying to pay attention to what was needed. You had your attention on what Rhys was saying when Nesta finally spoke.

"Why do we need her here again? Isn't she just your friend?"

"She's also spied for me on several occasions."

"Oh, so she's a glorified Azriel? Like we need more of those."

"Nesta, don't be rude. We need her help." Feyre sighed. "Beron's recent dealings worry us that there will be another war. And they know Azriel so we can't use him."

Nesta narrowed her eyes at you, but didn't object further.

They went over the detailed plan with you. The Lady of the Autumn court was searching for a new attendant and they had already sent in your application. That was no doubt the easiest way to infiltrate their personal properties, but they also had a backup plan in case you weren't chosen for the job.

"Although Beron rarely ever allows his wife within the meetings, the inner tunnels should be easy to get into in order to accommodate for that. Just make sure you aren't late on doing your duties so no one gets suspicious." Feyre explained. "We understand it's a big ask, but your past successes were for similar work."

"It shouldn't be outside of my repertoire. How long will this operation last?"

"A few months. We'll pull you just before the annual meeting between the high families." Rhys chimed in.

"That sounds reasonable to me." You assured them. "I'm just hoping that plan A stays on track."

"Don't we all?" Nesta mumbled. "We don't need another failure."

You just smiled at her despite how much her comment stabbed at your confidence. You refused to let her see how much you didn't want to fail, and you hoped that one day soon she wouldn't be so prickly. You would really like to get to know the eldest Archeron sister.

—————————-
Two weeks later:
The Autumn court was bustling with activity when Morrigan winnowed you there. It reminded you of Velaris during Solstice.

You wore Autumn court garb in order to blend in with the crowds as you made your way to the high family's main home. Or palace was more like it. According to the hiring person, not many people applied because of Beron and Eris' reputations, so it wasn't a difficult decision.

I suppose having to cover Lady Autumn's bruises from Beron's abuse could take a toll on anyone. Especially when no one was allowed to do a thing about it without being beaten or killed for defiance.