bat boys x sick child reader

Imagine: You get really sick and Rhys, Azzy, and Cas get freaked out because the girls are away and they have no idea what to do. You are Aged 4-5

This was written so the reader is female, I'm sorry to all my male readers!

The highlord quietly padded through the hallways of your home trying to shake off the cloud of sleep that plagued him. He was up so early because he wanted to get ahead of court documents.

Then you came along, attaching your small body to his lower leg, looking at him with your violet eyes that matched his.

"Hey Y/n, why are you awake so early?"

He crouched down to your level and you buried your face in his chest. "Daddy." You coaked. "I no feel good."

He pulled you away slightly, his eyebrows furrowing as he realized how feverish you were.

He scooped you up, teddy and all, bringing you to the bedroom he shared with your mother.

"Where mommy go?"

"She went to the cabin with your aunties remember? The boys will take good care of their sick princess Y/n, I promise."

You nodded drifting off to the sound of his heartbeat. He placed a cool rag on your forehead after tucking you in, finally being able to get back to his work just as the sun rose over the city.

Cassian barged in around noon yelling asking where you two had been. Once he saw your worsening state he immediately grabbed Azriel. The shadowsinger, who seemed to be the only rational one of the trio, sent for madja.

She reassured them that she could make you healthy again, but them being super overprotective illyrian mother hens, refused to leave your side until everyone else got back from their trip.

Cassian made sure you always had your teddy, a cool rag, and plenty of blankets. Azriel wrapped his shadows around you so you would always be comforted in case you had nightmarish fever dreams, and your father snuggled you against his chest.

Your big brother Aurelian apparently had gotten just as sick as you so your mother took him home early.

Needless to say, you and Aurelian were quarantined together for the next week as everyone worked tirelessly to make both of you better. You were fine soon enough, but that didn't stop your parents from worrying about you constantly.

The first thing you did when you were finally released from that room was leap into Rhysand's arms, snuggling up to him.

"I love you daddy."

"I love you too princess."