meeting the other highlords

Tamlin- You never really understood why the inner circle hated him so much until you met him. You were visiting for a meeting with his court to check on the integrity of the boarders, when he walked in a full thirty minutes later than promised, claiming he had better things to do than be here.

Something about his power, him, made you incredibly uncomfortable but you just couldn't place it for the life of you.

You didn't know what he had done to your friends, your family, but still;

His presence made you bristle anxiously.

Soon enough, you realized that every word spewing from his mouth was completely and utterly vile. The insults he threw at feyre and Rhys whenever he was given that chance were disgusting sure, but then he began taking jabs at you.

This was your first time meeting the man for gods sake! At least have some  semblance of composure. You kept a straight face but morrigan knew better of you, she saw your white knuckled grip on the arm of the chair and the fury creeping in your gaze.

Before he could take another shot at you, you cut him off. "I'm sorry, you feel the need to compensate for something by saying those things, but I do believe there are several different avenues that would surely be a better use of your time, don't you agree?"

He snarled at you and you just kept a neutral expression as if to say "Bite me."

This was not going to end well for him.

Beron- He was so condescending and full of himself he practically had enough bravado to fill the entire continent. Yeah he was a jerk, but in your opinion he was still better than tamlin. Plus you were on a neutral standing with the autumn emissaries so none of them bothered you.

Helion- You became inseparable in about five minutes. He was just so funny and your sense of humor complimented his perfectly.

You had heard rumors of his charms and ability to bed anyone he laid eyes on, with exception of the inner circle of course.

Including you.

You were currently bedding anyone you pleased not unlike him, but it didn't make you feel any less empty.

Oh how you longed for a mate although you would never admit that in good conscience to anyone, it would be too much of a burden on them anyway.

Helion felt different though, like a friend you could confide in because you were so alike.

Needless to say you became the closest of allies, sharing your deepest secrets and fears with each other. And maybe your bed, sometimes. ;)

Tarquin- surprisingly even though you were mated to Cassian, given what he did to that tower in the summer court, and that most of the inner circle had blood rubies on their heads, he treated you like freaking royalty. Maybe cressida breathing down his neck gave him the incentive to be a gentleman, but you didn't care, you were determined to show him the friendship he'd always wanted with the night court even if it only applied to you.

Kallias- vivianne introduced the two of you as you and mor were some of her dearest companions and she believed it was necessary he meet you. He thought you were very kind, you thought so as well and you became rather good friends as time went on, Rhys even bragged that you should be the new court ambassador since most of the highlords loved you.

Rhysand- You had known feyre for quite a while so it was only natural you would stumble upon him at some point, given that you even assisted with the painting classes on the rainbow whenever she was occupied with court duties.

The day you were introduced was one of those instances. Overall the teaching had gone fairly well, other than a few paint bubble instances with the little ones but that can't always be helped.

All day you had begged the cauldron for some relief. Nightmares and chronic pain due to your inability to use your magic, kept you awake until the oddest of evening hours and running around with the younglings had left you completely drain in more ways than one.

"Y/N? What are you still doing here it's nearly dusk!" She scolded you.

"Oh hello feyre, there was a considerable amount of clean up and I assumed after the busy few days you've had, you wouldn't want to deal with the disastrous mess." You laughed nervously.

"Y/N be careful!" She shouted as the chair you were standing on to hang a painting collapsed and you fell backwards.

You squeezed your eyes shut, fully prepared to land on cold marble.

"Gods you nearly gave me a heart attack, you need to pay attention!"

Your friend's words forced your eyes open, and upon doing so you realized you were being held by Rhysand who had apparently winnowed in to catch you just in time.

Laughter could be heard as he ever so graciously set you down and you looked over to feyre who was losing it. "Y-You're covered in so much paint." She wheezed.

With a snap of the highlord's fingers you were clean but you knew you would still need a bath.

"Aw Rhys! You couldn't just let me relish in the spectacle slightly longer?"

"Well I couldn't very well allow her to walk throughout veleris like that now could I?" He chuckled from behind you.

"Thank you." You smiled. "I'll be in the back organizing a few other important projects if you need anything."

They made no effort to hide the topic of their conversation which was of course you. Not that you minded much and feyre knew that, but you'd be damned if it didn't unsettle you a bit.

"Does she use magic?" You heard the highlord inquire.

"She has the ability but her family passed before she was trained to do so, it was the attack on veleris during Hybern that took them away. It makes her awfully sick and she has these excruciating surges of power, I don't know the first thing about helping her release the magic trapped within."

"I am afraid Armen and Azriel are the only individuals I know of who can deal with this and they are currently away. A few days after they return I'd like them to help her. With Y/N's consent of course."

You came from the back immediately telling them Yes and with that, your quality of life improved exponentially because of them.

And you would always be grateful.

Thesan- You met during his impromptu visit to your home to speak with your family about emissary matters. You were just a child so you were slow to warm up to him, but when you did, he practically became a second father to you. That was part of the reason why when your parents passed, during a thief's escapade, he along with his mate didn't think twice before taking you in.

They knew they could never replace what you had lost, but they came pretty damn close.