~A Battle takes Lives~

"I..I don't want to die here.." I said "where's that courage from earlier gone?"

"You won't die here, Ai. I'm here to aid you..you are me, and I am you. We are one..and that sword, will help you"

I looked down at my sword seeing it glowing "let's try this.."
Thunderbolt Slash!
Thunder Shot!

Storm Slash!

The three attacks didn't even get anywhere close to the Pope, the pope fired the weapon towards us
Zweit Meteor Barrier!

Filo and Raphtalia got away from the flames and destroyed one of the barriers that protected the Pope "we can't do much at this point..what can we do to.."

"Think like how I would..think about the situation your in, why would he put you guys in a cathedral?"

*why?*

I tried thinking on why he put us in the Cathedral "I don't know what you're thinking..but it better be good" Dark Flame said
Zweit Meteor Cage!

I protected Naofumi and Motoyasu from getting blown away "Ai..thanks" "I made a promise..I'll protect the heroes when they need it. So..no need for thanks!"

I got worried, light was heading towards the top of the Cathedral "why..why did he..why would he bring us here?!" I asked holding my head while kneeling "why would he bring us here? What are you.."

"Why..why why why why...!" I saw Naofumi using the dark shield, standing up I looked at the ceiling "why..could it be.."
*if light is gathering in one place..is he going to take us out with one blow? Is that his plan right now? Is that why he would use this much mana?*

"Ai!" I turn to Itsuki with ears down "what were you talking about earlier? You asked yourself a question, and kept repeating it" he said "I..I wish I had the answer, but a voice keeps trying to help..it keeps telling me hints and clues, and says she's always with me..even if I can't see her" I said "she?"

"Naofumi has calmed down from the shield..but, we might wanna keep our guards up. Light is gathering in the middle for a reason, and it can't be good" I said as they all nodded.

"Aki" I turn to Ren as he walked over "I know..I won't let you down" I said "then..let's do this"
The Pope gained mana as things happened down here, he fired a blast that Naofumi blocked with his shield
"Dark Flame..whatever happens here, we die or live..you'll never forget this battle" I said "of its with you, mistress..I'll never forget a great battle like this"

The plan went into action, Itsuki attacked with Thunder Shot
Zweit Meteor Vanish!

Going into the shadows, everyone attacked not letting him recover at all. Filo got close to him, Raphtalia attacked him after Filo "you won't get me with the same attack again" the Pope said "we're only decoys!"
"Aki!" "Right!"

Meteor Sword!
Meteor Slash!

Me and Ren sliced through him, then Motoyasu attacked him "Ai!"

Of source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and destroy my target with raging anger..

Zweit Chaos Meteor!

My attack hit him, but he wasn't down "May this scared flame cleanse everything!" The Pope said "Dark Flame!" "On it!"
"Phoenix Absorption!"

Naofumi and Dark Flame both absorbed the flames and fired at the Pope, but something wasn't right..from within the flames, he wasn't down.
Motoyasu attacked, but his attack was countered back. Then Ren attacked him head on, but was hit back to the ground "Ren-sama!" I ran to him helping him up.

"It can mimic..advanced skills..." shaking in fear and fright, was this the end?
Of source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and help my target.
Zweit Meteor Recover

I started healing Ren as I tried thinking. The Pope then fired an arrow to the sky, the Cathedral made it seem he was everywhere.
With this happening, firing tons of arrows..it was harder to attack and defend.

"Ren-sama!" I ran to him scared and afraid, arrows came all around us "damn! What the hell's going on?" Ren asked "no..no..I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die?!" "Aki!"
"Meteor Barrier!"

A transparent girl appeared defending him "B..Brianna.." she turned kneeling down "I am here..to defend you"

Vanishing from my eyes, I stood up with my sword out "Ren, Itsuki!"
Zweit Meteor Shield!

A shield covered around me and the bow/sword hero, he started to aim an arrow at Naofumi..that's when..a voice was heard

As source of thy power, the Queen orders thee. Decipher the laws of creation, surround my target in a cage of ice, and capture him.

All Dritte Fall: Icicle Prison!

Ice formed around the Pope trapping him in a cage of ice "t..that magic..she's here!"
"Hurry up, and finish him"

"Foolish sinner, I sentence you to cast your screams unto the heavens! Within the dragon's jaws born from my flash, become an offering to the gods as you howl in pain!"

Blood Sacrifice!

After Naofumi said the enchantment..his body released blood "w..what was that.." I asked "be thankful, filthy Devil, that god still sees fit to purify you" the Pope said as he got free from the Ice.

As he was about to attack, a creature came from the grounds and attacked him. The Pope..was killed by the creature, and it went into a pool of blood. The Cathedral started fading away, we..have won a battle, that tried to kill.

"Ai-chan!" I look up seeing the Queen "guards! Being the heroes and there party members to the infirmary at once! And get Naofumi special treatment, at once!" I commanded "yes ma'am!"

"You! Gather some soldiers and head to the, Three Heroes Church and confiscate everything! And arrest those who helped the Pope" I ordered "yes Ma'am!" "Ai..."

"Ren..I'll be busy to check on you but..later tomorrow, the truth..will be cleared"