~Name of the Shield~

"So..what do you choose?"

I stood there scared and afraid "I..I'll do it.." Myne smiled then left the room, I placed my hand over the Crystal Ball and altered the footage on it
*I'm sorry..Naofumi*

-

The altered footage was taken everywhere around the land, now everyone knows a fake story of the Shield hero "I..I need to tell him but..if I do then..I'll have the same fate as, Naofumi" I said as tears fled my eyes

"Why does my life have to be like this?! All I wanted was..to be helpful to the heroes, but all I've done is..make it worse for the shield"
"Ai-Chan!" I whip my tears quickly and stand up seeing Ren

"We're heading with the others to find, Melty. And the Devil Shield Hero" he said "right!" Once I walked past him, he noticed my ears and tail were down. But didn't bother of asking what was wrong

-

Night as fallen down upon us, the sky dark as black. We stood before the Shield hero and his members, and by we I mean..the three Heroes, Myne..and the royal guards.

"There's nowhere left to run." Itsuki said walking out of the shadows "you're are surrounded." Ren and Motoyasu also joined him as he spook "Cease your resistance and release Princess Melty at once."

"Release? It's not like I have her tied up." Naofumi said "quit lying. We have all the proof we need." Motoyasu "Heroes, I'm perfectly fine, as you can see. The Shield Hero kept me safe." Melty said

"Hang on. Didn't Naofumi abduct you?" Ren asked "a dastardly plot was behind all this. I asked him to take me and protect my life" "Protect?"

"What could the Shield Hero possibly stand to gain by abducting me? The queen told me...This is the time for all of us to work together to thwart the catastrophes. Our world cannot withstand any further pointless conflict! Please put your weapons away." Melty ordered
"As she says, this is a setup."

"I'll tell you everything I know. So-"
"You mustn't listen to him!" Me and Myne walked towards the heroes "that devil possesses a brainwashing shield." Myne mentioned *okay..now that's just crossing it*

"That accursed shield lets him take over one's mind just by talking to them." Myne said "Wha..Who would believe such a lie?" Raphtalia asked "the three heroes church has found out that..heretics who worship the Shield have started popping up in the past month."

"The Three Heroes Church again?"
"The Devil of the Shield called himself "the Saviour I'd the Heavenly Fowl" and went around brainwashing innocent people!" Myne shouted "t..that's not true it's all..lies.." I whispered under my breath

"Melty, you poor thing! I see the Devil of the Shield has already brainwashed you." Myne said "I see! Then Raphtalia-chan and Filo-chan were really brainwashed by Naofumi, too." Motoyasu said "you're wrong! We're not brainwashed!" Raphtalia said

"If my shield had an ability like that, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with!" Naofumi said "but there's no guarantee that it doesn't. Do you have any proof to convince us?" Ren asked, my mind started to feel strange..like something was happening to me

"Naofumi, hand over the second princess. I promise you she won't be harmed in any way." Ren ordered "well, if we can avoid fighting, that might be for the best." Naofumi said "you're absolutely right, Ren-sama! Melty's safety comes first!" My eyes narrow as I ran to Ren's side "Ai?!"

"Don't lay a hand on him you..witch..!" I then felt massive pain coming from my head "Ai!" Itsuki bent down holding my shoulders "m..my head.."
"Come, now. Let's go gone together." Myne said "you okay?" Itsuki asked "yes..but I have no idea what that was, I just felt..controlled.."
"Must've been, Naofumi" my ears tended up as I turned to him *thats not possible..all the abilities the shield has, he wouldn't have it..*

"Come to me, now." Myne said as I got up "s..sorry..Ren.." I said turning away "it's not your fault, I know it's his" Ren said facing an eye to Naofumi "Ren, I appreciate your offer, but I don't trust that women with the second princess." Naofumi said "what do you mean?" Ren asked

"What are you talking about? Melty is my dear sister. I-"
"You want to be crown princess so badly that you're willing to kill your sister? You'll say you're undoing the "brainwash" and kill her when nobody's looking. I bet that's what you're planning!" Naofumi stated "Myne..is that why you..asked me to.."

"Filo!"
"'Kay!" Filo turned into her fluffy cute form "Go!" Naofumi, Raphtalia and Melty got on and ran "Ai!" Ren saw I disappeared, he looked around not seeing me anywhere "not so fast!"
"Ai!"

"Illusion Cloud!" A Cloud formed under them making them not fall "we don't want the Princess hurt..so it's better you hand her over" I yelled, then..Myne used a magic flare, to call for backup *I can't let her get away with this..but they'll think I'm brainwashed..that's it!*

As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and slice through my target like a blade of water.
Zweit Aqua Slash!

Illusion Bubble!

A bubble was cast onto Motoyasu and Filo "you won't hurt the heroes..Melty, come quietly and..Naofumi we'll have mercy!" But he didn't hand her over *just play along till the time is right..*

"Unhand Filo!" Bur Myne fired a fire ball, almost hitting Melty "I knew it.."
Zweit Hellfire!"

Illusion Dome!

I went down and formed a dome around the three "Ai.." "shut it! I know the truth behind everything! So..you need to play along with me k. I can't let them know till it's time! It's by her orders!"

"What the hell is wrong with you? Stop!" Ren shouted "if we can't undo her brainwashing, she'll have to die!"
"Not if you die first!" I shouted drawing my sword and jumping towards her "Myne!" "Ai! That's enough! Stand down, it's an order!" My pack reacted and made me fall screaming *Damn It! I hate this thing!*

Naofumi activated the Rage shield "Ai! Are you okay?!" Ren asked, I noticed something bright falling down "No!" I got up once again and placed an illusion Barrier above Naofumi and Melty.

But it was taken down by, Raphtalia stabbing Myne. The guards went down and headed towards Naofumi. A light came out of the shield blasting the guards away, and breaking the rock bridge
"The hell is going on?" Ren asked "Ren.."
"I know you'll be able to figure out what's really going on here." Naofumi said from the other side "Wait, Naofumi!"

"Ren!" He turned seeing me nodding my head "Itsuki, Ren..we need to talk. Myne, you and Motoyasu-sama head back now..and that's an order"

-

"We need to head here" I said holding out a cross "the church? But why?" Itsuki asked "I wish I had the answer..but if Naofumi handed me this..then it must mean, something smells like fish" I said "alright..we'll check it out"

*Soon..things will return to normal, my Queen*