Time

When I had woken up, it was 9 o’clock in the morning, I got up real fast remembering that my father was leaving soon. But when I thought he was leaving that night that was wrong. I started walking to my door when I heard noise like chatter coming from down the hall. It was Parker and the twins talking.

                I had opened the door and walked out. They looked at me like nothing was up, but I knew exactly what was going on. It was father leaving for a while.

                Parker tried to talk to me, but I end up walking past him to go downstairs to the 2nd floor to my father’s study.

“Morning Liv,” my father had said as I got to the door. The door wasn’t even open, but he knew exactly who it was.

I opened the door. “Morning father. How did you know it was me?” I had asked him.

“Well I already talk to your brother this morning and no one else is in this house but us.” My father had said.

I nodded at him. “Are you about to leave?” I asked, looking all sad.

“Yes, I am sweetie.” He said as Sheldon and Harley came into the room since I had left the door open.

“Alpha,” they said bowing. “Princess, good morning.” They both had said.

                I smiled at him both. And turned back to father.

“Wish you wouldn’t.” I told him.

“I am sorry, Liv. But its part of who I am as an Alpha.” He said.

“Alpha, speaking of leaving, your ride is ready sir.” Sheldon said.

“Thank you, Sheldon. My bags are ready by the door.” My father said pointing to his bags by the door.

“Thought you wasn’t leaving til later this afternoon or tonight.” I said.

“Change of time. Wanna get there sooner the better. So, I can be back here with my princess.” He said putting his hand on my cheek. I smiled at that then frowned. I hated that he was leaving already. “So be good, Liv. Listen to your brother, Claire, Kevin, and everyone else. Stay close to Harley, Sam, and Kevin. You hear me.” He said looking at both me and Harley, which was still in the room.

Harley spoke up. “Don’t worry, Alpha sir, I’ll take good care of my best friend. No piece of hair out of place.” He told my father as a joke.

                My father nodded and walked out the door. I stood there staring at Harley all sad looking. Like I didn’t know what to do now. He walked over to me and hugged me. He knew how I was with my father since my mother had passed away. Well hell, I didn’t even know the women truly. Only mother I had was Claire.

                That’s when I thought of it, I ran out the room, down the stairs, to go find Claire and cry to her when I fell well missed the last two steps when Sam had caught me in mid-air. He knew I was hurt so he walked me over to the couch and sat down with me. He held me in his arms on the couch rubbing my back. The next moment I had fell asleep in his lap.