American Honey (book 2)

"Zara, slow down!" Peter, my older brother had yelled out.
"Speed up slow poke!" I had yelled back.

We were running the track in the back of the house. I needed to run, like something inside me was telling me to run.

"I going as fast as I can. Your too fast!" He yelled out.

As I started to slow down to a stop, I saw my older sister Becca and her mate Harley walking over to the track. They just came back from their honeymoon. As I stopped to go talk to them, Peter finally caught up with me, out of breathe I might add.

"Hey, y'all back." I said as I hugged them.
"Yea, we got in a few hours ago. Mother said y'all were out here running." Becca said smiling.
"More like racing." Peter said leaning over the railing.
"How can you be the older brother but be so slow." I had said.
"Because I don't do this stuff. Not like you." He told me.

Harley started laughing at that comment.

"Your mother was the same way. She's fast, faster than your own father. Its the alpha female blood that's flowing inside of you. Thank the great goddess for that." He told her.
"So, how does it feel to be 13 years old?" Becca asked. "Sorry that we didn't make it for the party. We were stuck in Paris." Becca asked.
"It was great. Grandpa, gave me $200 to get whatever I want." I had said.
"Did he? That was nice of him." She said.
"Yea, he did. She wouldn't shut up about it." Peter had said as he took a drink of water.
"Oh your just jealous that he gave money for my birthday and not you for your 13th birthday."

Peter was 15 almost 16 years old now and me being 13 years old, was great. Becca is 28 years old. It took awhile for Becca and Harley to get married. He had asked her on her graduation day of high school in front of everyone and it was so cute. He had the choir sing 2 songs into 1 for her after she was last to get her diploma.

Flashback to Becca's graduation.

"Lastly, Rebecca Kentwood come on up and get your diploma." Mr. Carson had said happily.

Everyone clapped their hands when her name was called. As she was walking up the stairs to the stage, Harley had came out from behind the stage curtains.

"Becca, there's something I would like to say. But I am lost with words so I had pull this all together with a few of your friends." Harley had said as the curtain's began opening.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Whoa, whoa
Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah

If you tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song
Beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will
Remind you

Ooh
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah