𝕋𝕖𝕟

Jimmy and I hadn't talked much within the last couple of weeks. We did talk, but only about football and training camp. I could just feel the awkwardness between us everytime we spoke.

 In a way it was good that Jimmy wasn't constantly trying to flirt with me anymore, I needed to straighten out my own thoughts without interruption. I needed to figure out how I felt, and I think I finally had my answer.

 I couldn't deny the attraction I felt towards Jimmy. He gave me a massive amount of butterflies, he was equally charming as he was handsome, and he always knew what to say to make me smile. But to me the risk just wasn't worth the possibility of a reward.

I didn't wanna run the risk of getting hurt again, to ruin the start of mine and Jimmy's new friendship, or to completely destroy my reputation at work. I simply wasn't willing to sacrifice any of that for any reason. I liked things the way they were, and I wanted to keep it that way.

Training camp carried on just as it did every other day for the past two weeks. In the morning the team did the grueling, but neccessary workouts. Then we all took a break for lunch, then after lunch were the meetings. And finally after the meetings were over, the team ran through new plays to wrap up the evening.

The team was performing excellently, I had no doubts that they were gonna knock it out of the park this season.

Training camp is supposed to be difficult, tedious, and physically straining. This team made it seem like a walk in the park by how they were handling it day in and day out.

Claire and I watched the team as they ran through new plays that were discussed in today's meeting.

Ever since I helped Jimmy with his in the pocket form and throwing his passes have been flawless. He could throw the football any distance at any speed at any given time.

A handful of coaches were analyzing the team closer on the field. Claire and I stayed in the sidelines, and watched from afar. Claire suddenly leaned in close to me to say something.

"Sooo have you thought about what you're gonna say to Garoppolo yet? There's only one more week of training camp left yanno." Claire asked then informed me with a smile.

I nodded with a blank expression on my face as I turned to look at Claire.

"Yup, I've made up my mind. I'm gonna tell him after practice today." I answered Claire flatly.

"Well, what did you decide?" Claire asked me eagerly with a smile.

"Claire, I can't get involved with Jimmy.. We just started to become friends again, plus I don't want to jeopardize my job. I happen to like it a lot here." I stated seriously.

"Jeopardize your job? What are you talking about?" Claire asked me with confusion in her voice.

"I don't want Shanahan or anyone else in the upper management of this franchise to look at me differently if I get involved with Jimmy in any sort of way." I answered Claire's question frankly.