MARVEL/AVENGERS OC + MARVEL/AVENGERS SONA (both works in progress!)

Name: Harley Taylor

Nicknames: Lee (all, occasionally), Harl/Harls (occasionally)

Gender: Female

Age: 17 (when she first becomes Pyrope), 18 (when she moves into the Avengers Compound)

Superhero/Made Up Name: Pyrope (because of her pyrokinesis and because of the "fire ropes" she shoots from her wrists. A pyrope is a mineral that is part of the garnet family)

Superhero/Made Up Nickname(s): Rope/s (allies), Invisibitch (enemies, anyone on the team when she gets annoying to them), Fiery One (enemies, condescendingly)

Allegiance: The Avengers

Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Enemy Corporations: HYDRA, SIX

Powers & Backstory: Harley was abducted and experimented on by SIX, an organisation like Hydra: Supernatural Investigation Xena, dedicated to genetically Enhancing female test subjects. Harley was stolen as one of these subjects, and now has the powers of invisibility and pyrokinesis as a result. One of the ways Harley's pyrokinesis manifests is out of her wrists in the form of "ropes" that stick to any surface and not burn it, which she can use to travel with (like Spider-Man's webs; essentially like SilkWing's flamesilk from Wings of Fire). Harley has slightly enhanced speed, stamina and endurance. She's acrobatic and determined due to being mentored by her mother and father before he died. Harley can turn herself invisible – initially she was only able to achieve this for five minutes at a time, though this has been extended with her training (at SIX's facility, when she practices as a vigilante, and when she continues her training as an Avenger). Her invisibility is always immediately followed with a cooldown/recharge period, the length of which mirrors the amount of time she spent invisible (ex. If Harley switched to invisible for one minute, the cooldown would only last one minute). 
Due to her main power of pyrokinesis being centred around heat, Harley can be seen while invisible through infrared and heat-tracing technology.
When Harley escaped from SIX about two months after she was abducted, she returned home to reconnect with her mother. However, Lilith was still reeling from the loss of her husband and her daughter at the same time – and in Harley's absence, had drunk herself to death.
Abandoned and alone, Harley decided she must have been given her powers for a reason and donned a makeshift emo outfit, complete with a mask and hood to hide her identity. Harley's heartbreak fuelled her to become a superpowered vigilante, though she was not invincible – however even through the ass-whooping she never gave up and always sought that the innocent remained unharmed.
News of the new vigilante made it to the Avengers' ears, and they decided to look into it. Steve Rogers and Clint Barton spearheaded the tracking, accompanied by Wanda Maximoff to contain any damage should negotiations turn ugly. Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanoff remained at the Compound in case anything bigger than an Enhanced vigilante cropped up on the team's radar.
The three found Harley after she had finished subduing a break-in and talked to her. She asked them what they wanted, and they were surprised to hear the voice was younger than expected. When they realised she was just a teenager, Clint Barton's paternal instinct kicked in and he extended her an invitation to stay with the Avengers. 
Sceptical, Harley questioned the group further – Steve Rogers admitted that they couldn't initiate her straightaway since the team needed to decide altogether. Wanda appealed to the girl, asking that she give them a chance instead of running amok on the street. 
Surprised at the Scarlet Witch's tenderness, Harley agreed on the grounds that she reveal her face only when she is safe at the Compound. She then accompanies the three back to the others, making conversation with Wanda and Clint on the way.
The rest of the team, while not viscerally opposed to the idea of a new initiate, needed time to run the various background checks and think it over. As they did this, Harley remained in one of their spare rooms (of which the Compound had many, being newly renovated by Tony Stark).
Nick Fury was contacted and his opinion was asked, and the man of course chided the heroes about not coming to him immediately. The background checks proved that Harley had no living relatives, matching up with what she had admitted prior; the three that had gone to get her originally pleaded for her case, with Clint saying she was a lot safer with them than loose on the streets considering the fact that she was heartbroken with nothing left to lose. And so, Harley joined the Avengers, and commenced training in her abilities.