xxxix

~🔸~

One thing that I've learned from my memories is that you have to be assertive in a given situation especially if it is related to someone's feelings.

Having feelings for someone is not bad, telling them your feelings is not bad but if you think that you could pull them away from their partners, that's a different story and that is not good.

I want to confess to Blanc not because I want to destroy their relationship but for my own liberation because having unrequited feelings is the worst. Knowing that you would probably have a lot of 'what-ifs' in the future can be so stressful.

I believe that their relationship is strong and cannot be wavered by me. And I wanna make sure that my confession will not be the same as begging for Blanc's affection.

I am my own person and I can do this.

"You're staring at me for 2 minutes." Blanc pulled me out of my reverie, his voice is deadpanned.

Hindi na ako sumagot but instead I resumed working on the graphical representation of how their income doubled just a month after the installation of their information system. Randy, the head of our IT department suggested that we put Blanc's company on Google's top searches to have good publicity. They are training the new wave of specialists for this feat.

"You have been out of it since last week." Pansin nya ulit sa akin. After kasi nung heartbreaking statement niya, medyo naging matamlay ako sa work.

"Sorry, I have been balancing your tasks and Robbie's. I am only one person." Hindi ko naman sinasadyang maging mataray pero yun yung lumabas sa bibig ko.

Si Blanc naman ngayon ang hindi nakasagot. He has been checking proposals from his managers on how to make use of used cooking oil in oil operated machines. I know, nakakaloka magtrabaho sa kanila. You have to be very resourceful and at the same time creative.

"You should have told me, I would have delegated other tasks to my assistant." Mahinang sabi ni Blanc without looking at me.

I sighed and went back to typing. Hindi naman sa nagrereklamo ako, kaya ko naman talaga yung work, natatapos ko pa din ng maaga. Masyado lang akong caught up sa sarili kong feelings at sa impending confession ko with Blanc. Kelan ba ang perfect timing?

Last day ko na under Blanc's management in two weeks. Hindi ko nga din alam kung ano na ang gagawin ko sa idle time ko. My work here almost ate up all my tambay hours for Netflix at the office.

"Do you have a problem?" Binaba ni Blanc yung papers na binabasa niya, twined his fingers and placed it under his chin.

Sinara ko yung laptop ko and tumingin sa kanya.

"I don't have." Hindi ko alam bakit ang taray ko, PMS siguro.

I took my tumbler and stood up. I need water.

"I'm talking to you." Mahinahon na sabi ni Blanc but with authority. By the tone of his voice, we are not friends now, he is my client.

"Sorry." Umupo ulit ako saka huminga ng malalim.

"Something is bothering you, tell me." He urged me.

"Very personal, sir." Matipid kong sagot. He raised his eyebrows then stood up and walked towards me.

"If it's something personal, don't make your work be affected by it. I've got a lot of stress right now but I'm trying to be patient with you. I hope you could do the same." He stared at me, still with authority. Madaming beses ko na nakita si Blanc na ganito. Madalas kapag nag-aaway sila ni Georgina regarding the wedding preparations. He crossed his arms on his chest.