Chap- 54 A disaster at my debutante(1)

"So she's my daughter you say?"
I could hear the murmurs of the people behind my back. Now, everyone was talking about how scheming Roger Alpheus was, to keep his trump card safe for all these years. And suddenly showing it now.
"Yes your majesty, the emperor Claude." A smirk could be seen on that bloody Roger's face. Just what was he scheming, by introducing Jennete to Claude at my debutante?

How did all of this happen?

1 day ago:-

The days after that incident passed by quickly. And soon it was my birthday. Well, actually, it was my mother's death day too. Well, I know, Claude won't come here this year too. Every year, Claude wished me on the next day of my birthday. I think, even now, he misses Diana. This is as expected, true love...
Many people wished me today, even that stupid system was docile at once. But Claude went out of the palace, after asking main palace maids, I got to know, that he was busy with something in the town. So he won't be back till midnight. I knew something like this would happen, but I'm in no position to complain. His work comes on equal standing as me. He was even busy these few days.

I think, I should just comply with it as always. I even recieved tons of gifts. I asked Lily to donate these to the orphanages under my name. And so the whole day passed. Felix gave me a hair piece. It was quite beautiful and matches my taste completely.

 It was quite beautiful and matches my taste completely

Seriously, Felix knows me the best. I won't give away this piece. I would wear it. Its so beautiful. Its not too moderate and not too extravagant.

And soon night fell, as expected, dad didn't come. What was I expecting anyways, I don't feel too good that he didn't come. Haah... Why did I expect actually that he might come? Because it's my 14 th b'day? Well...
'System play that hindi song yaar ka happy birthday.'
"I'm not a music system."
' Today is my 14 th birthday. Daddy didin't come today, won't you comfort me like this. Oh no! Why do I even expect anything. I was supposed to be the unfavored princess. I- boo hoo hoo'
"In hindi they call it 'emotional atyachaar' meaning melodrama. So just stop crying at once. I'm playing it. But don't ever say that nobody like you and that you are unfavorable."
'Ok' my acting worked. I think once I return to my world, I think I should become an actress. Haha...
"Girl! Get up fast. Claude is here."
Wait what? Is it midnight? Is he here to wish me? From these many years, he always used to come and wish me like this? Why the stupid me was asleep all this time? No I should get up.

"Wait what? Is it midnight? Is he here to wish me? From these many years, he always used to come and wish me like this? Why the stupid me was asleep all this time? No I should get up

"Daddy"

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry."
"Daddy" I jumped up on him to hug him. "I missed you so much today. I thought you won't come."
"I'm sorry, I was a little late. Are you happy now? Happy Birthday Athy." He smiled gently, in a fatherly manner. I liked it. And I hugged him again. I never thought that Claude would actually be the first one to wish me on my first day of my new age. It was a nice feeling. I want the time to stop here. Tomorrow is my debutante. I hope, everything goes well too.

The next morning:-
"Princess please get up quick. We only have 8 hours for the debutante." Isn't that too much? '' it's so Little time. Please get up fast''
"What" but before that, I was forcefully carried up to the bathroom wherein I was bathed for like an hour with different soaps and perfumed oils and what not?
Then I was put on a face mask and told to sleep for an hour, I think this is a luxury item from Messowa. Well, I just remembered something very interesting that happened yesterday when I was just returning to emerald palace from the main palace. And there I met this bastard Alpheus.

"Good afternoon princess" this calculative bastard"it was so lucky of me to meet you

"Good afternoon princess" this calculative bastard"it was so lucky of me to meet you. You are as beautiful as always princess." You liar." How do I meet you Duke? It was a pleasant encounter. I actually heard from my maids that your son Ijekiel has returned from Arlanta. Is he doing well?"
"Oh my princess, its all due to your blessings that he's all well and good to go. By the way how do you know about him to this extent princess?" Ha! I'm the fl I should know about the second male lead. "His talks are all over the palace, where are you Duke?"
"Oh my. Is that so princess, I never noticed. I thought that you might be interested in my son." That would never happen until I leave this body.
"How could that happen Duke, I'm still to young to fall for someone. And in cases like these, I'm a bit shy, so..."
"I understand princess, that's a trait of the girls of your age. By the princess that reminds me-"
"That reminds me, I heard you had also a girl called Jennete whom you had taken in and is the daughter of your distant relatives. I see. If it's not too much Sir Roger, then I would love to see Master Ijekiel escort Miss Margrita. Well talks about them becoming a perfect couple is all over the country, so I don't want to disappoint  them. Please make sure, you pair both of them up." I'm innocent but ferocious. You better not try favour currying from me.
"Oh my princess, now that it's a request from you, I would follow it as a royal order. But I would like to know who your escort would be, if you hadn't found one then, my son-"
"My escort is my father emperor."
"His majesty?"
"Yes, I convinced him."
"Ha!" He started rubbing his head. Unexpected right?"his majesty might cherish you a great deal princess."
"Even I think so Duke." He then excused himself. Hmph. Dream on if you want to curry favour from me. And so I then returned to my palace.
End of the memory ------------------------------