Soulmates?

Thank you for all of your kind comments and votes. Now I would like to introduce our newest character the fabulous Lucas Jade Zumann playing Elijah Greengrass-Smith.

Bella's POV

Mine and Scorp's cousin is transferring to Hogwarts for the last few months as he and his family moved back to England from France where they attended Beauxbatons. Not many people know that we have a cousin but they know about my Aunt, Daphne Greengrass. She had a son with her husband Terrance Smith, Elijah Greengrass Smith. But in public, he doesn't go by Greengrass also just Smith as he enjoys the infamous and known life just because of his last name.

He was our only cousin or relative my age, so we are rather close. He was about to get sorted when Professor Longbottom called his name, 'Smith, Elijah' he walked up and sat on the chair as Longbottom put the Sorting hat on his head. After a few moments the hat roared 'Ravenclaw', I cheered happily as I felt James next to me tense up and go into deep thought. I haven't told him about my cousin coming just because it doesn't seem important and I want to keep my promise to 'Lijah by keeping as little people with the knowledge of who he is.

He smiled over at me as he walked down the steps to the cheering table in blue robes. I saw Scorp clapping as well with a smile, Elijah was like the older brother he never had so he looked up to him. Everyone stopped clapping and went back to what they were doing. I ate my food in silence with James on my right and Dom on my left. We sat the Slytherin table, with the others eating Breakfast. James still seemed deep in thought after I smiled to Elijah, I just shrugged it off and went back to eating my toast.

James POV

Why was she clapping so loudly for this Elijah guy, was he an old friend of hers or old boyfriend whom she's still on good terms with? It doesn't matter, she would tell me about him later, but I can't help but get this uneasy feeling that he might be a threat towards me. We have Herbology first so I'll have plenty of time to think, unless today is the day that we are going in the fields.

We stood up and walked out of the castle to see Professor Sprout standing in front of the Greenhouses, I stood with Fred and Arabella next to me. Bella spoke with Dom excitedly about what I assume is Teddy and Vicky's wedding. Professor spoke up loudly when we were all gathered around her.

"Today we will be learning about one of the oldest trees on Hogwarts ground. The Whomping Willow. Many of you know that the Willow moves rapidly at its approaches, but it only still moves for one reason and one reason. Love. As long as there is true love in Hogwarts the tree will keep moving and protect what it stands for." she started walking towards the path leading to the Willow. I saw many faces surprised at what she said, I never knew that the Willow was a symbol of love.

"The tree was planted by Hogwarts first soulmates, they engraved their initials into the small tree and put a spell on it, whenever a new pair of soulmates came together the willow would engrave their initials into its wood. Only people who have found their one true love can see the initials of every couple written in the person's handwriting." she pulled out her wand and made the tree stay still. "Everyone gather around the tree and look if you can see the initials of the ones before you and perhaps you can find yours if you can see"

We all walked around the tree and some smiled as they could some initials other frowned when the couldn't. Dominique smiled brightly as she pulled Bella over to where she was standing. I walked over to them and saw a dozen hearts with letters and little symbols. I saw Bella must have also seen them because she traced her hand over one heart that said D.M+A.G, "Those are my parents, Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass" she smiled at the engraved symbol. Dom dragged her to look at other ones as well, while I tried to find mine, hoping that its Bella.