Amortentia

A/N I know that you're probably really confused at to why this story is called the Marriage but the next Chapter is the Ball and then the main part! Enjoy

Arabella POV

It's been two weeks of planning the ball with James and honestly, he isn't that bad. We spend most of our time planning in front of the fireplace where we came up with ridiculous ideas for the dance, we had a fun time there as we threw the bad theme ideas into the fire. He had quite a few ideas for the decoration. We decided on the Night Sky theme as the roof of the great hall were stars and that was one of the first things you see once you enter the hall.

Right now I was in Potions with the Slytherin and Gryffindors, I stood next to Dom as the class stood in front Slughorn's desk with one kettle.

"Alright class, today we will be making Amortentia can anybody tell me what this potion is and does" asked Slughorn, I raised my hand knowing the answer.

"Yes Malfoy"

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker."

"Very good, now I would like everybody to line up and you will all get to smell it and tell us what you smell. The first thing you smell is the place you and your soulmate have had a good time, the next one is a smell you like or have the scent of and the third one is your soulmates favourite scent or something that they always smell like." Slughorn explained, I saw Dom excitedly at the potion dragging me into the line.

Dom went first "I smell punch, vanilla and Chocolate Frogs" I grinned knowing exactly who it was....... Terry Boot II, when they went to the ball together I saw them having a blast next to the punch table and he always a chocolate Frog in his school bag.

I walked up to the potion and smelled " I smell Firewood, Lavender and Broomstickwax" I turned around and saw people whispering as I walked over to Dom she grinned at me and said, "You do know that a certain Head Boy always smells like Broomstickwax, right?" I rolled my eyes and told her to shut up as I looked back to the front and it was James's turn

"I smell Firewood, Broomstickwax and Lavender" he smiled walking past me and Dom whispering "Seems like we are meant to be together, my sugarplum" I glared at him as he walked back to Fred who gave him a thumbs up.

Dom couldn't stop giggling and chanting in my ear "James and Bella sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G " I pushed her off of me as Slughorn started putting us in pairs to brew Amortentia, just my luck (mark the sarcasm) he did it alphabetical which meant that I was either paired with Ethan Macmillian or James Potter and I didn't want to be with either, sadly we didn't have a person in this class with their last name beginning with 'N'

"Ms Malfoy and Mr Potter together, please" I walked to the back of the class and sat down with my potions book open on the page where the ingredients and steps are. "Hello love, seems like love is on our side today don't you think?"

"Shut up Potter and just help me get the ingredients"

He shut up and we went to the storage room to pick them up.

"Alright now that you all have your ingredients remember that you should not get any of the potion on your skin as it will have the same effect as it would have when being drunk. If this is to happen I would like you to accompany your partner to Madam Pomfrey, she will have the cure ready. Now off you go and make that potion"

James and I started adding the ingredients and now the potion turned into colour like mother of pearl. 

Potter stirred the potion while I read out loud to him how we were supposed to stir it.