Other Conspirations of the Universe

Author's Note

        This is a special chapter (containing a sort of spin-off/prequel) of The Conspirations of the Universe. This story is told by Luke's best friend and roommate/housemate Matt Rivera. Happy Christmas everyone and as always keep conspiring!  

***

Before The First

(page 0 of 126)

“Why do I have to wake up early this morning?” I asked the boy in the mirror as I dry myself after some rigorous showering. I would be perpetually gracious if my classes wouldn’t start early in the morning but no, my Genetics class have to be 7 in the morning. And so, here I am dressing my self with a plain white shirt and jeans. I hope this day is going to be an eventful day.

As I went outside the bathroom, I saw Luke’s face with the goofy smile of his and it looks like he won the lottery with all the good vibes that he is pulsating trough out the apartment.

“You’re in a good mood huh?” I pointed out. I started to rub my head with my towel to dry it off and to dishevel it further.

 “Ah, yes. You’re up early.” Luke noticed. I felt a little bad that as up to this moment he still doesn’t know that every Thursday I AM up early. But I guess he doesn’t care so I replied: “Yeah, I was awakened by your obstreperous snore.”  Ha! Obstreperous, finally I have used that word.

“Funny, since it was your alarm clock which awakened me. So I think we’re even.” he reproached. In my defense, I woke up earlier than my alarm clock so it’s an incredible feat, right? To drove him off with this topic I motioned to our kitchen cabinet and grabbed a pack of 3-in-1 coffees.

“Coffee” I offered.

“Yeah, thanks! I would just take a shower first.” he answered. And so, I started to heat water for the two of us and waited for it to boil while he entered the bathroom.

Luke and I were good friends. We met when we were in high school and now that we had passed and been studying here in UPLB, we started to know more of each other. But back then, when I haven’t met Luke yet, I was entirely a different person. As I waited for the kettle to whistle and signal me that the water is ready I reminisced back on the days were I, Matt Rivera, the high school version of me is a pitiful kind of guy.