Second: The Meeting (5-7)

Second:

The Meeting

5

The aftermath; I don’t know what is happening to me. It seems that the world suddenly became apathetic and cruel. It was Friday night when I told Matt everything that had happened. I thought maybe the weight of the experience could be alleviated when I told someone about it. All he could say to me is “You’re going to be okay.” It’s a sentence fraught with hope and lies and yet people still uses it. “I don’t know what to do next. Am I that stupid to not see her twisted plot? ” I told him.

“First off, you should stop talking like that...”

“Like what?”

“...like you are some actor on a movie. It makes me feel sick about you. Second, you are not as stupid as you think; just mildly stupid but not an I-swear-to-God-you’re-dumb-as-a-rock level of stupidity.”

I sneered at Matt’s frankness. “Thank you for justifying.”

He tousled his curly hair to remove some of it from obstructing his slanted eyes. “Anyway I invited Eric over, you know, its Friday night.” Matt reminded.

“Yeah, it’s Friday night, movie night.” I said sounding bored. Once in a month, Matt would invite his ‘friends’ (which is only Eric) over so they could watch a movie. Yeah their friendship sound so gay but I am forbidden to judge. Maybe this is what they call bromance. Weird.

“That’s right and I need you to watch with us.”

“What? Why? You know I don’t watch those things you watch!” I argued.

“Yeah right, like you are not a nerd like us.” He said it confidently.

“No. You’re a geek. A nerd is someone who...”

“....is someone like Luke, I know” he continued. “But tonight we would be watching something else. It would be of great help with your ‘condition’ right now.”

I just sighed as a sign of defeat. I don’t even care anymore. Star Trek or whatever movie they would watch I hope it would just melt my mind.

“Hey, another thing” he seriously looked at me. His eyes are as if piercing. “you should take a shower. You reek.”

***

      As I came out of the bathroom fully clothed, I saw Matt and Eric already talking. Eric, as usual is wearing PJ’s. Its loose light green texture makes Eric smaller as he is. His hair which is properly combed on one side and his dark skin makes him a perfect model of Jose Rizal.

      “Hey Luke, long time!” he goofily greeted. By goofily I mean, he shakes his shoulder too much. Remarkably, the thought of him being Rizal suddenly vanished. I just raised my chin as a response.

      “I told you he is not in all sunshine.” Matt interrupted.

      “You told him?” I asked out of surprise

      “Yeah of course. The more the merrier, right?”

      “Okay, whatever.” I said nonchalantly

      “Anyway dudes, the movie we are going to watch is epic!” Eric interjected. He flashed the case of the DVD. “500 Days of Summer” it says. The two appears to be amused and gave each other a high five.

      “Oh God, no!” I cried. Anything but a love story. That would make feel ten thousand more worse. “Really? You are torturing me in this way! Whatever happened to Star Trek, Vampire versus Zombies versus Werewolves or your perverted High School of the Dead?” I added.