First: The Heartbreak (1-2)

So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” 

― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist  

First:

The Heartbreak

1

“Tell me Matt, what’s wrong with me?” I said as I placed down my dirty blue bag on the floor. Matt, my roommate, was very busy doing something on his laptop.

“What’s that?” he asked after removing his headphones, dishevelling his curly black hair.

“I said, could you please tell me what’s wrong with me.” I curled up in my bed trying to catch my breath. It was quite a long walk.

He gazed his slanted eyes on me for a second then suddenly burst into laughter and said “Well there are plenty of wrong-ness in you; first, when you sleep you snore so loudly....”

“No moron, I’m serious!”

“Well, I’m serious too! You snore like an elephant!”

I just sighed in disbelief. I removed my sweaty shirt, almost making my glasses fall off, and replaced it with a fresh white shirt that says ‘Palawan Explorer’ printed in gold-yellow.

“Nothing is wrong with you Luke” Matt said after a series of clicks on his keyboard. He must have started to write his research paper. Note taken: I need to start my paper as well. Though, Matt and I take a different course, almost everyone in the University is required to make a library research paper. I thought it was some kind of donation. Or a memento, either of which. 

“Why? Is there something with you and Sydney?” he added.

“How did you know it’s about Sydney?”

“Luke, we have been friends for a long time. I just know when you are all Sydney-mode.”

“Sydney-mode?” As if I don’t know what he’s talking about.

“Yeah Sydney-mode. I would have called it Sydsanity but it wouldn’t be obvious. So what your deal?” I tried to ignore it but Sydsanity just sound so wrong.

“Well I don’t know. She just started to get cold to me.”

“How could you say that?”

“Earlier this morning, we were talking about Meme theory and guess what?”

“Um, she said what a nerd you are?” Matt sarcastically murmured. Coming from a co-nerd, that sounded offensive.

“No! Well... not exactly. She just nodded all throughout breakfast. She didn’t spoke any words at all. Maybe she’s bored.” I said, now realizing.

“You think?” Again I sighed in disbelief. How could I miss that? Matt started to type again on his keyboard. He crunches the keys so hardly that it serves to break the silence in our room, like a steady beat. Our room was small and confined but the living area is quite spacey. Without an actual couch, that is.  

My next class for today was two hours away so I decided to open my laptop and check out my Facebook account first. As usual, I have no notification. Besides I have no business on Facebook except for one silly thing. My slender fingers typed “Sydney Lopez” swiftly on the keyboard that is caked with dust and all. Her profile came up and I clicked it.

Her profile picture depicted her sitting on a swing set capturing her jolly nature. She was wearing a lovely floral dress that complements her fair skin tone making her much more endearing. Her long black shiny hair accentuates her genuine smile that makes me melt. In short, I love everything about her. If people would have judge me, they might say that I’m stalking her. But she’s my girlfriend so in a way it is not stalking anymore. It is like legally stalking, I think.