Third: The Accident (22-24)

• Dedicated to Jessa Moran Alfelor

22

(page 36 of 126)

I asked myself again, what's with those drinks? My head feels the heaviest thing in the world since I couldn't move it at all as if my pillow longs the presence of my head and wouldn't let go.

I always wondered when I watch a movie, that there's always a scene where the guy and the girl are going to wake up, the girl's head is nestled to the guy's chest and they are perfectly snuggled together in the bed. I thought it was impossible to haphazardly have that position but I was wrong. Just like on a movie scene, Eureka's head, containing her beautiful brain and her adorable face, was laid on top of my chest. I tried to breathe normally thinking that she might wake up to my throbbing heart but I can't. Her arms embraced my body and mine with hers and I thought all of it was just perfect. My fingers softly brushed the hair out of her face and then I could hear her already smile.

"I'm awake you know."

"Oh," I felt suddenly embarrassed. Then there was just silence. But a different kind of silence. It was a silence, fraught with emotions.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"I am. Much better." I smiled stupidly at the ceiling remembering the kiss. I wanted to replay it on my head on and on and on. "You haven't answered my question, last night." She raised her head and looked at me perplexed.

"Really. I like you really."

"What's that?" I pretended not to hear.

"Don't push it Luke."

"I like you too, Eureka."

"I like you Luke, not just your brain. I like all of you."

The once heaviest head that I had was nothing now as I inched my face to hers for a kiss but then I noticed another face that was looking at us.

"Oh.My.God. You were totally going gooey eyes with each other." Matt looked surprised.

I closed my eyes and asked "Have you been watching us all this time?"

"How could I not?"

"Would you please at least give us some shed of privacy, for a minute, please?" I asked sounding so disappointed.

Matt literally ran away and closed the door of our room. Eureka just dug her head to my chest my again. "Talk about how to ruin a moment." I told Eureka and embraced her. I don't want to let go of the moment.

"Poor, Matt. It's not his fault to see such ugliness." she claimed.

"I know, he deserved it though."

"Luke..."

"Eureka, are we dating now?"

"What do you think?"

"I think, we are dating now and we are currently flirting"

"Are you still drunk?"

"Maybe..."

"Don't you think we're going a little bit fast?" she sounded worried.

"No." I caressed her cheeks with my thumb."Just think that the other people were just haphazardly slow. They're travelling at the speed of sound and we're lucky enough to travel at the speed of light."

***

      I talked to Matt afterwards. His hair was messier than before and he was still wearing last night' clothes. Actually, we were all wearing the same clothes since last night.

      "Matt," I called "I know what you're thinking and..."

      "And what Luke? You know this is bad, really, really bad."