Fourth: The Trigger (32)

32

(104 of 126)

            I must say, factoring Eureka to the equation of my crazy hell college life has made it more positive. No, I am not making that up. My paper works, discourse and other stuffs became better. One of my professors even commented on my essay that my works had became melodramatically insightful, whatever that means. Maybe this is one of those cool kids say about being inspired because of someone. To be more honest, I never felt this way about Sydney. 

After class I went straight to the comfort room and checked up my appearance on the giant mirror it had. This is me every time Eureka and I would have a date. I was usually not vain or self-conscious but the fact that I'll see her makes me one. I always wanted myself to deserve her so for that, I wanted to look good so I could feel good. I few stroke with my somewhat dishevelled hair and a few check if there's something on my teeth and I was done and power walking to the place we agreed upon to meet, the library specifically to the majestic and somewhat creepy statue of a winged tamaraw called "Pegaraw". I already saw her standing next to it and I guess she was admiring it because she was taping it with Iris. I became aware that it has been a while since I saw her use Iris again. When she had a glimpse of me her face turned glum and folded her arms across her chest.

"You're late" she declared raising one of her fine eyebrow. Late? It's just 7:04, I was just 4 minutes late! "You made me so worried!" then she hugged me.

"Wait, are you mimicking me?" I asked being confused.

"Yes." She whispered still hugging me. She was literally tiptoeing to reach my ear. "So I could hug you and do this." She kissed my jaw with gave me a spark all over my body. It was electric. Well someone is surely feisty today. Instead of being a normal boyfriend and be absolutely happy about it, I felt suddenly scared. What if the Eureka here with me is the one currently controlled by the book, that's why she's being more 'special'? Is this the night I would suppose to lose her.

"Eureka, promise me to never do that again." Eureka breaks off her embrace and stared me directly at my eyes.

"You don't want me to kiss you?" she pouted her lips. Seriously what's wrong with her? I imagined Mr. Andrew being flirty one day and written Eureka flirty as well.

"No, scaring me. Never do that again." I retracted. Of course I want her to kiss me! But not in this way. Not in these nerve-wracking situation.

"Luke, I brought you something." she fiddled with her washed out blue satchel which she calls a purse. But for me a purse is a big wallet not a small bag. Wait a minute!

"Eureka, I told you not do anything special for me. No gifts, no surprises no anything!" I removed my glasses and massaged my eyes roughly as I become more certain that this is the night, she's triggering it!

"Relax Archimedes, this is no gift! I promise." I looked at her relieved though I could not see clearly her face. "And bring back that glasses on your face or else..."

"Or else what?" I challenged her. I know removing my glasses has a certain effect on her but I am not specifically sure what it is.

She chuckled. "Or else I would call you 'babe' or 'honey'". I grinned. Yeah, sometimes she is the man in this relationship, nicknaming me and being more assertive etc. But that doesn't make me feel less manly at any way.

"Really? Wow, I should take off my glasses more often I wonder what else you would do." I put back my glasses.

She chuckled even more. "No I was just kidding babe. I would do anything for you with or without glasses." 

I beamed at her, partly because I was touched and the other part was because I was relieved. "Oh yeah, anything? Then my first wish is stop calling me babe. It makes me feel fat." She tittered. She always laughs that it made me use all the synonyms of laugh. The next time she laughs I would use the word "snickered". "So what's in the satchel?" Her eyes became serious. "I mean purse. What's in the purse?" I asked goofily smiling.