Fourth: The Trigger (33-34)

33

                  She's gone. My bed was fixed and she's gone.

                  "Eureka!" I shouted as loud as possible. But I can hear no sound. Eureka is gone. That is what my subconscious tells me; that she ceased to exist. I went urgently to the living area and saw Luke sitting at our theoretical couch. He looked mortified and I think I know what that means.

"Matt," I kneeled beside him. "Where's Eureka?" He didn't respond, as if he hasn't heard me. "Matt, answer me! Please! Where is Eureka? Is she gone?"

I've heard the door from our bathroom swung open so I swiftly turned my head to it. Eureka went outside from there but something was very wrong. Her face, her body, it was filled with words like a tattoo and she looked at me blankly like a robot. Out of greak shock I woke up and opened my eyes shortly after that nightmare. No it's not like in the movies where the one who had a nightmare would wake up by jolting up and breathes heavily.  No, I woke up peacefully but also scared. I raised my head to see if Eureka was still sleeping but she's not. She's not there. Wait is this another dream? What is this, Inception? No, it's not a dream anymore because I could taste sour in my mouth and my vision was blurry for not wearing my glasses.

"Eureka!" I screamed while carefully putting myself into my feet. But my knees were so weak I couldn't keep up my stance. Now, I felt my body's sluggishness as I battle to go the living area. Why do I even feel so weak? "Eureka!" I screamed once more. Then to my aid, Matt, from the kitchen area, went to my side.

"Why are you shouting eureka? What have you found?" Matt asked after helping me out to sit to a plastic chair.

"I'm looking for her Matt where is she?"

"I'm sorry who are we talking about?" Matt looked at me astounded. Seriously, what is he talking about?

"Matt, I'm looking for Eureka."

"Eureka? Who's Eureka?"

"What do you mean 'who's Eureka'?  She's my girlfriend!" I scowled at him. What is happening here? Was she erased to the memories of Matt? If so, why could I remember her? Maybe she was just my hallucination?

"Girlfriend? But Sydney broke up with you?" he placed his heavy hand to my shoulder.

"No! No! I'm talking about Eureka!" I was almost to my breaking point but I saw him smile slyly. "Go to hell Matt! You're prank is up! Where is she seriously?" I grimaced at him.

"I'm right here!" Eureka busted out from our bathroom and stood in front of me. She sneered at me then gave Matt a high five. "Matt, you're so good in acting but you need a lot more practice to be a con man."

"Guys, that is not a bit hilarious! It was nerve-wracking. I thought my head was going to explode! Please don't do that again!" I appealed to them calmly while masking the fact that I am also annoyed with it. I really feel dizzy then.

"That would teach you a lesson that you should not worry so much." Matt sneered at me, though his face was practically a blur.

"Where did you get that idea? It's scary hell!" I asked breathless. Literally, I couldn't breathe well and my head feels a little bit light

"Alice in Wonderland. Matt told me that the whole book was just a dream." Eureka muttered.

"Seriously, you're plagiarizing again Eureka? That's bad. And you scared me." I tried to stand but then my body gave up. This is also bad.

"Oh, I'm sorry Luke. It's all Matt's idea." I saw Matt tried to argue but he didn't continue anyway. "Babe, where's your glasses?" she asked.