The Red Purse

Rachel's POV

"Rachel, stop," Bam told me.

From what I remember, his eyes always looked so happy and kind... but why do they look so angry towards me? I was always the star in his life. This reminds me of the time when he said 'goodbye' to me back in high school. I guess he finally moved on from me.

Dammit, he's always making me look bad.

"Let's go," he said, then Khun and Rak followed him. That blue-headed jerk even gave me the finger.

I glared at them as they walked away from me.

"So uh... who are they?" Yura asked me.

"Let's not talk about them," I said then turned, walking the opposite direction the three boys went.

Yura glanced at me then sighed.

One thing's for sure, though. Bam changed. He used to be so gullible and would do what other people tell him to do, but now he's walking straight, looking so confident. The only thing that didn't change is the fact that throughout all these years, he still has himself surrounded by people who care for him.

I clenched my fists.

Why can't I be like him? The world is so unfair.

***

Nobody's POV

"What a long day," Khun yawned.

They were planning to go home but Rak kept whining about food, so they decided to go eat dinner at a mall.

"Bam... I've been meaning to ask you about something," Khun said, and Bam gave him a questionable look. "I hope this doesn't offend you or hurt you in any way, but can you tell me more about yourself and your family?"

"My family...?" Bam repeated.

"You never really talk about yourself," Khun continued, "a few years ago we went to Rachel to try to find you again, and we failed, but she said something about 'you don't have parents'- it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, of course! But I've just been wondering for a long time-"

"Yeah, my parents died when I was a baby," Bam sadly smiled. "I only have pictures of them, I don't have any memory of them at all, but it's fine, my uncle takes care of me. Honestly, the real reason I left was that my uncle was short on money, and he did things he wasn't supposed to do to get money. But a year or so ago he found a company called 'FUG', and let's just say... life for him had gotten better since then."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, though," Khun mumbled. "I can't believe I barely know anything about you even though we've been friends for so long."

"Are you two leaving me out again??" Rak growled then kept whacking Khun's back. "STOP EXCLUDING ME!"

They found a restaurant then settled in and ate. When they were almost done, Khun raised his hand to ask for the bill.

Bam stared out at the mall to see people busy walking around. He spotted a girl wearing a dress with brown hair carrying a bright red purse.

"Isn't that Endorsi?" he asked, pointing at her.

"Yeah! It's the Big-Eyed Turtle!" Rak exclaimed. "Why do we keep bumping into turtles today?"

"Because the author is running out of ideas and it's only normal for us to bump into more side characters for the story to go on," Khun replied.

"Should we say 'hi'?" Bam suggested.