Stone-Cold Eyes

Nobody's POV

"Bam?" she gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"You're really here! We can go back to how things were used to! You can come to my place and hang out again! You-"

Instead of the happy reunion Bam had pictured in his mind, she only stared at him with stone-cold eyes.

"I'll catch up later with you, Bam," she said then walked off to a girl with blue hair.

"You know her?" Khun asked Bam.

"Yeah...," Bam said, feeling disappointed to what just went down. "We are childhood friends. She was everything to me."

"Is she your lover or something?"

"No, it's nothing like that. I just really look up to her since we were kids," Bam explained.

Khun eyed him suspiciously.

"WHAT ARE YOU TURTLES DOING WITHOUT ME, YOUR LEADER?" Rak hollered.

Khun shoved a sausage into his mouth. "Just shut up, would you?" he grumbled.

The rest of lunchtime Bam couldn't stop staring at Rachel across the cafeteria. At some point, she glanced at him then looked away.

What's going on? Why is Rachel acting like this? Bam thought.

***

Endorsi POV

The afternoon sun shined through the classroom windows. Mr. Yu was writing math equations on the board with his right hand while holding a coffee cup with his other hand. This man has serious coffee addiction problems.

I couldn't help but stare at the newbie next to me.

"Psst," I whispered.

He turned to me with a questionable look.

"Your name is Bam, right?" I asked, and he nodded in response. "Okay... not gonna lie that's a really weird name. Anyway, I'm Endorsi."

"Oh! You're Yuri's younger sister?"

I feel a sudden chill coming out of my body.

"Ugh, don't even mention her name to me," I groaned. "How did you know I'm related to that crazy- I mean, Yuri?"

"Khun told me," he replied. "I also accidentally bumped into Yuri at lunch too."

"You bumped into her? I'm surprised she didn't kill you."

"What? She was going to kill me?"

"I'm joking, dude," I said then eyed him from head to toe. "Honestly, you're kinda like my type. Wanna go on a date with me?"

"Oh! I'll love to!" he beamed.

I knew it. All boys are all over me. They all love me. How can he reject me?

"Great! Where should we go?" I asked, eyes sparkling. "How about a mo-"

"We can read comics and books together!"

"Uh, what?" I said, my mind suddenly going blank.

"Isn't that what people do on play dates?" he innocently questioned back.

I-

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?

"N-No, what I meant was- ugh whatever," I sighed, mentally facepalming.

"So we're not having a date?" he asked, slightly disappointed.

WHY IS HE SO DENSE?

"I've noticed you're getting close with Khun and Rak," I said, changing the subject. Remind me why am I still trying to talk to this guy?

"Yeah! Can you tell me more about them? They both are really friendly!" he exclaimed.

Friendly... He's calling the Khun and the Rak friendly...?

"Well... Khun is a natural genius with terrible fashion sense. When he's outside of school all he wears is a white shirt and black pants," I said, cringing just picturing it.

"Natural genius?"

"Well... yeah. He doesn't even need to pay much attention in class and he aces all the exams and tests each term," I stated. "He's also quite cold to others, so I don't know how you're even friends with him. He really can be a jerk too..."

"Wow, really?" Bam said, clearly impressed. "What about Rak?"

"He's a complete idiot."

"Huh?"

"He basically almost fails every subject except for gym," I noted. "He also has some weird addiction to calling everyone a turtle."

I can already hear him calling me 'Ghost Eyeball Turtle' inside my head. I glared at him across the classroom to see him fast asleep.

"What about you, Endorsi? I'll like to know you better too!" he smiled at me. I felt my cheeks getting warmer just staring at him. I turned away.

"Oh, me? Everyone loves me," I said then noticed Hwaryun sending me a death glare in front of the classroom, telling me to shut up and focus in class. "Well, at least the boys do."

"You seem very popular!" Bam nodded.

"Yeah, since I model and I come from a wealthy and famous family and all," I grinned, slightly flipping my hair.

"That's cool," he smiled, but even a fool could tell he was distracted about something.

"What's bothering you?" I demanded.

"Endorsi... do you know a girl named Rachel?"

It took me a few seconds before I remember who.

"Yeah. I was in the same class with her last year. She's kind of a loner though, and I honestly don't really like her," I said.

"Why?"

"She's not even pretty or smart-"

"Don't say that about her!" he suddenly raised his voice.

"Is there a problem?" the coffee addict thundered. The entire class stared at the two of us.

"No, sir, sorry for outbursting like that!" Bam apologized. He slowly turned to me then gave me an apologetic look. "Sorry for raising my voice at you, Endorsi. I didn't mean to."

I looked away without saying anything. This Rachel girl seemed to be someone that matters a lot to him.