Ugly Earrings

Khun's POV

"Khun!"

I glanced to my right side to see Bam happily running towards me.

"Hey," I said. Why is he always smiling? I can't picture myself smiling like that. It's only his first day, yet I already see him talking and making friends to Shibisu, Hatz, and even Endorsi.

"I really do feel bad that you're doing all the work for our project, so why don't we work together in the library?" he suggested.

"Do you even know what we're supposed to present?" I asked him, giving him a smirk.

"I'll catch up," he said, eyes filled with determination.

"Fine," I said then we started walking to the library together. I spotted Rak on the way then dragged him along with us.

"Let go of me, Blue Turtle," Rak yelled, struggling from my grip. "Where are we going? I need to finish watching my anime!"

I ignored him then shoved a snicker into his mouth to shut him up. I took out my laptop then started with the research. I told Bam what we had learned and he paid full attention, while Rak finished my whole pack of snickers.

"Good job, we're done," I said, giving Bam a smile.

"Why are you turtles starting on this so early? It's due two weeks later," the idiot said, letting out a lazy yawn.

"No, stupid. It's due two days later, not two weeks," I rolled my eyes. "It's not really a big project anyway. Getting it done earlier is better than procrastinating and cramping it all last minute."

Bam did a surprisingly better job than I expected from a person that only transferred for the first day. He also gives off a special vibe than most people do.

"Oh right," I said, suddenly remembering. "Are you going to stay in the dorms?"

He nodded. "I'm roommates with a guy named Lauroe," he said.

"Aren't you a lucky guy. He's not the type to bother a person," I sighed. "I'm stuck with Shibisu for the entire school year. He's always talking at night, and I had to draw a line for him to stop overstepping on my boundaries."

"And I'm stuck with Warrior Turtle!" Rak hollered.

"Nobody asked," I groaned, pushing him aside.

"Stop calling me 'Warrior Turtle'," an annoyed voice spoke behind them. We turned to see Shibisu and Hatz. I immediately averted my glance from Shibisu. I never really liked him.

"Hey, Ugly Earrings, you and your group are too loud. You should be quiet. It's the library after all," Hatz told me.

"Ugly? Shouldn't that be the last thing you should be calling me?" I raised my eyebrows, feeling my temper rising. People really do know how to piss me off these days. "And if you have a problem with my ears, just keep it to yourself!"

"Khun! I heard what you said about me! I DON'T TALK THAT MUCH AT NIGHT," Shibisu whined.

I grinned at Hatz. "Maybe you should tell your partner to shut it instead of telling us to," I said, "You should be quiet. It's the library, after all."

He glared at me then scoffed.

"Okay, Khun, let's not fight," Bam assured me.

"Fight? FIGHT ME," Rak roared.

Why am I always surrounded by idiots? At some point, the five of us got kicked out for being too loud. Rak even threatened to fight the librarian, which only got him detention. 

I waved goodbye to Bam as he walked off toward the other direction to his dorm. Rak went off for detention, and Hatz also went back to his dorm. I glanced at Shibisu and sighed.

"You've been sighing a lot," Shibisu pointed out.

"That's because you're annoying," I mumbled, and he only pouted, which made me feel even more irritated.

"You're acting especially nice to the new kid, though."

"Why do you care? Are you jealous that I'm being nice to him and not you?"

"See? That's what I mean! You're so nice to him yet so cold and mean to everyone!" he whined.

"I do what I want," I grinned at him. He noticed a short girl with short brown hair walking past us, and he immediately rushed towards her.

"Anaak! My cutie!! COME TO DADDY!!!" he screamed.

Does he not realize how big of a creep and pervert he sounds like right now? Seriously, what is wrong with people in this school?

I suddenly spotted the blonde-haired girl Bam talked to today at lunch. Curiously, I walked up to her then gently tapped her shoulder.

"Hey," I greeted, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Hey... You're Khun, correct? You're the top student each year," she asked.

"Yup," I nodded. "I must be popular."

She gave me a weird look. "What do you want? I know you're close to Bam," she said. "If you're here to talk about him, then it's better to just leave me alone."

"Why are you so defensive?" I raised my eyebrows. "Rachel, was it?"

"Yeah, so?" she said, clearly starting to feel annoyed with me, which I honestly don't mind.

Bam told me he was searching for a childhood friend of his when I asked him why he transferred this morning. The friend must be Rachel, from how he acted when he saw her today at lunch.

"You mean everything to Bam," I said, remembering the look on his face when he saw her and the crushed and disappointed expression he had after lunch when he didn't get to talk much with her. "But I can tell that he means nothing to you."

"This is not even your business," she frowned. "I've never even talked to you before!"

"I'm just saying," I shrugged then started walking away. I'll like to know more about her, but right now isn't a good time for it.

We will talk again soon, Rachel.