Homesick

⚠️SPOILER ALERT FOR ANY TOG FANS WHO ONLY WATCHED THE ANIME, BECAUSE FROM NOW ON THIS STORY CONTAINS SEASON 2 CHARACTERS⚠️

~~~

~Many months ago (before Bam transferred to school)~

Bam's POV

"What? Moving? Why will we be leaving?" I asked Uncle Jinsung.

My parents died in a car crash when I was a baby, and Uncle Jinsung took me in. He kept me at home most of the time, and the only friend I ever had was Rachel. I told others I had a protective parent, and that's because I think of Uncle Jinsung as a real father of mine.

I don't remember how my parents looked like, but hearing from Uncle Jinsung, they must be amazing people.

"I borrowed money from some organization, and now they're coming after me. We need to leave by summertime," he replied, lighting a cigarette.

"Before I leave, can I see Rachel again?" I asked. "We're leaving anyway, right? Can I transfer to her school? Then when I finish this year, I'll leave with you!"

He paused then looked at me. "Fine. Don't get too attached to your classmates though. You might not see them again." 

"O-Okay! Thank you!"

~Present Day~

It's been three months since I've last seen Khun and the others, and I couldn't contact them because I lost my phone. Even though Uncle Jinsung got me a brand new one, that didn't matter.

I felt miserable.

It's been a week since the first day of my new boarding school. Everyone here knows me as 'Jue Viole Grace'. That was actually my real name, and 'Bam' was only a nickname given to me. I didn't use that name before because I liked the name 'Bam', but to make sure the organization won't recognize me, Uncle Jinsung told me to use 'Viole'.

This school is dull and boring, comparing to the one I attended a few months ago.

"Hey."

I turned to see a yellow-haired boy with a mole below his left eye. I looked at him but didn't speak.

"In case you don't know, I'm Wangnan," he smiled. "You've been really quiet for the past week. I know being the new kid can be had, but hang in there."

"Stop bothering him, Wangnan," a girl with long black hair said. I think her name was Ehwa. I didn't pay much attention to anyone since I've got here.

"Viole, was it?" Wangnan asked me, and I slightly nodded. I'm still getting used to being called with a different name.

"Is he mute?" Ehwa whispered to him, and he whispered 'maybe' back.

"I'm not mute," I said, and they both jumped a little from the surprise.

"Why looking so depressed, though?" Ehwa asked me, and I only responded by putting my head down on the desk.

I miss Khun. I miss Rak. I miss my friends.

***

Nobody's POV

"It's been three months," Rak mumbled. "But Black Turtle still hasn't replied to any of our texts."

"Did he change his number without telling us?" Khun wondered, clearly worried.

They were all back in school as seniors. Khun, Rak, and Hwaryun ended up in the same class while Endorsi, Hatz, Shibisu, and Lauroe ended up in another class.

"I miss Black Turtle," Rak whined.

"Me too," Khun murmured, leaning back on his chair.

***

Bam stared at the door in front of him.

I'll be getting a new roommate now. It won't be Lauroe anymore. I have to face reality, Bam thought as he turned the door handle.

It was similar to his previous dorm. He found Wangnan sitting on one of the beds.

"Hey, roomie!" he said, pulling him in. "I hope you're okay with being roommates with me."

"I don't mind," Bam replied.

"You're finally moving into dorms after a week," he smiled.

"Yeah."

"Why are you acting so cold to everyone? If you hate it here, then why did you transfer in the first place?"

"I didn't want to transfer here," Bam replied, taking his stuff out and unpacking them.

"Then why did you?"

When he didn't reply, Wangnan sighed then laid on his bed. He watched him slowly unpacking his things. Bam took out the brown teddy bear and froze.

"Lol, you still sleep with stuffed animals?" he laughed, only to be ignored. Bam gently placed it next to his bed. 

Giving up, Wangnan took his phone out then started playing pokemon go. With this weirdo stuck with me, this is gonna be a tough year, he thought.

There was a long silence. He felt awkward then kept shifting around.

"I want to go back," Bam suddenly blurted out, breaking the silence.

"Go back? So you're homesick?" Wangnan said. "Is that why you always look so down?"

The word 'home' made him think of being around Khun, Rak, and the others. That's right... homesick, he thought.

"I guess," he said. "It's only been a few months, but I already miss my friends. I might never see them again."

"Friends come and go," Wangnan shrugged. "I used to have a bunch of cool friends too, but now I bet they don't even remember my name. You can always make new friends."

"They weren't friends... they were like family."

Wangnan stared at the boy then sighed. "I'm sure you will meet them again in the future, but if you're gonna be a baby about it and not talk to anyone, you'll never make new friends. I know friends aren't replaceable, but you can always make more."

He reached his hand out to him. "I'll be here for you if you need a friend," he grinned.

Bam stared at his hand. It reminded him of the time Khun reached his hand out for him on his first day of school. He slowly reached for it then shook it.

"Thanks," he said softly.