Chapter 15: My tears are for my parents...

Hey y'all!!! I just want to really quickly, before you read the chapter, that I am so excited and happy that this story has reached 2k reads!!! That is like unbelievable!!! So, thank y'all for reading and voting!!!! I never really expected that the story would get 2k reads.

Y'all are probably like, "chill out girl! There are stories out there with a million reads, why are you so excited?" And my answer to that is, that there are actually people out there reading my work and that makes me happy, because I enjoy writing the story. I don't write just for views or votes, I write for my own being.

There is all this craziness that runs through my head and the only way I can express myself is jumbling my stretched out mind into just one limited character by adding a conflict and different scenarios. Okay, I know this is a long opening, but I just love y'all!!!

I will make sure that this chapter is longer for all you lovely ninjas!!!!

Don't forget, please vote, because it is highly appreciated. If y'all have any ideas as to what I could do to celebrate 2k reads, please type them in the comments section!!!

;) Jamie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15: My tears are for my parents, their death, my brother, his death, myself, and my death.

"Okay, what did you do today?" my mom asked and patted the seat next to here on the sofa. She always knows me so well. When I do a prank, she just knows somehow and bugs me about it.

I smile and willingly take a seat next to her. "Well, I let pigs run loose through the school." I started off while chuckling at the memory.

"And how were you able to get the pigs, because the last time I checked, you didn't head off to school with a barn?" she tries to put a serious mom look that she has seen other moms use, but it just doesn't work for her.

"As much as I love you mom, it is way too long of a story to tell and you know my laziness." I roll my eyes and she playfully punches my shoulder. I know that most mothers don't act this way with their children, but we are not a normal family.

Dad was not home, because he had some business meetings to attend to. Lately, he has been going to a lot of them and I don't know what they are about nor would he tell me.

"Come on, we got the time!" My mom turns to look at me straightly and shows that she is not going anywhere.

As I slowly tell her while we both laugh, the scene starts to fade into a different scene. I am sitting in one of the comfy chairs in front of my dad's desk as he works. My head is resting on on arm rest, my legs hang off the other, and I am throwing and catching a baseball that I found in his office.

Right now, he is reading some paper work, which he won't discuss with me, and writing notes.

As I was catching the baseball, it rolled of the chair and bounced towards one of the bookshelves. Great! Now I lost my only entertainment. I could leave, but I just want to bug him until he spills all the beans. So, I stand up and walk over to the baseball.

Once I crouched to get the ball, some feeling in my gut makes me look at the shelf in front of me. There is just a normal boring book about geography. Why did I even bother looking?

Before I could pull my eyes away, I saw a frame behind it. Is there some secret tunnel? I always knew this house always seemed a little medieval feeling.