Chapter 10: Keyword: supposedly

Here is chapter 10! I hope you enjoy! If you stuck this far, I am so thankful, because I have been slacking I have to admit. So, here is the next chapter. If you have any feedback, please put them in the comments. They will help me so much!

;) Jamie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10: Keyword: supposedly

"So, that's my story," I'm still looking at my hands as Kayla and I are sitting down on he forest floor. I failed. No one was supposed to find out and here I am, telling Kayla my life novel. She didn't ask any questions during story time and I don't even know if I could answer them. It is not everyday you tell someone that you are a white wolf and people are after you.

"I will keep your secret safe and I will protect you. Yes, we have only known each other for not that long, but you are still considered family to me and I protect my family," Kayla speaks after a couple deadly silent minutes. I look up to see Kayla smiling at me and I couldn't help but smile back. Out of everyone here, I am happy that she was the one who found out. I know that we will use our ninja skills to watch each other's back and in the first time in a while, I don't feel alone.

The sun set about an hour ago, so we head back. We can't afford for anyone to see us come in, so we climb up the tree next to my window. You remember that window right? I crawl through the window after he and we say goodnight. The look that she gave me as she walked out said 'we are not done with the conversation yet.' I understand, she probably has a lot of questions and is only starting to write them all down.

I grab my ninja pajama shorts and a black tank-top and flop onto my bed. Haha, take that Fate! You are no match for Kayla and I! *Insert weird evil laugh here*

With my mind at ease for once, I drift off in a dreamless sleep.

----------

The next day, Dylan and Cody were out at football practice. Did I forget to mention that they were on the football team? Yes Faith, yes you did. Also, Mr. and Mrs. Lampitt were out doing some pack business. This is not even their house. They just were using this house until I am comfortable and then we are supposed to move into he pack house. Pressure much? Supposedly, I am going to get welcomed to the pack someday soon. Keyword: supposedly.

Kayla and I were supposed to go to school. There's the keyword again. With everyone out of the house, I Kayla and I went into the library in the house to search for information about my kind. Yes people, I just considered myself a different species. We weren't sure if we were going to find anything, but it was worth a shot.

"So, these ski-masked cowards killed your parents, but didn't kill you even though you were knocked out?" Kayla asked me as we search through the shelves.

That is the million dollar question. Why didn't they just kidnap me? Did they want to play cat and mouse or in this case, wolf and Faith? "Yep. It's so weird, because they could have kidnapped me. I am still trying to figure everything out for myself.

We continued searching for a total of two hours, until we called it a day. We couldn't find anything, but that a white wolf is very rare. Maybe when we get to the pack house, they will have a library with more information.

We leave the library and decide to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and eat popcorn like there is no tomorrow. By being a super rare white wolf, you never know when your last day is and I spend mine watching turtles fight bad guys with weapons. Isn't that amazing? Yes!

At dinner, Dylan and Cody were complaining how this guy, named Harold, cheated while they were playing football. Many people are very connect to sports, but it is just a game! And it wasn't even a real game!

I was going to speak up, but Kayla kicks me under the table and mouths 'It will only get worse,' and continues eating her lasagna.

"So Kayla and Faith, how was school?" Eve asked us and Kayla and I glance at each other. Well, we weren't expecting that.

"School's school, you know?" Kayla replies and I send her a grateful smile.

Eve sends us a knowing look and we just continue eating.

"Well, we have some good news," Richard announces and we all look at him.

"What, what, what is it?" Cody asks while pretending to be a cheerleader in his seat. I advise, do not do it while holding a fork.

"You all won't need to go to school tomorrow," he ignores Cody.

"Yay!" Kayla and I jump up and hug each other across the table.

"Because we are moving over to the pack house tomorrow," Richard continues.

I freeze. The good thing: get more information. The bad thing: more wolves. Just great. I just wonder if others are going to find out about me.

"Well, I guess I should get ready then," I walk out of the dining room and practically run to my room. I don't think I will be ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, did you like it? If you did, please vote. Please leave feedback in the comments on how I can make my story better! Thank you!

;) Jamie