Chapter 16: An answer and more questions

I'm sorry that I haven't been updating so recently, but I have been busy doing volunteer hours for my school! I made sure that this chapter was extra long! I hope that you enjoy it!
;) Jamie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16: An answer and more questions.

The walls, of a cream color, trap me in an eternal prison, that someone lost the keys for. Wooden shelves, that ancient and royal knowledge displays itself with many hues, find their way into my vision. One would find himself to believe that he would slip on the tear covered tiles and vanish from this world, but it's only my reflection.

Windows reveal the obvious truth, of what lies outside, and forces the naked eye to trail along the outer frame to the cushioned window seat. Closer, towards the shadows of the room, a table, attacked with copious books, creaks with insight. And at that table, I sat with fading hope.

It has been a few days since running away from Xavier's house; it has been a few days since waking up from the reoccurring nightmares; it has been a few days since finding out that my older brother is actually alive.

Eve and Kayla frequently came in here seeing if I am okay, but we all know what I told them. I actually haven't seen Richard since we had that fight.

More and more unanswered questions pile up on my shoulders as I try to find answers to my first few questions. I am actually now believing that all these things are tied together with being a white wolf. All these books all say the same one sentence: "White wolfs are so rare that they only exist after 1000 years after the previous one deceased".

Closing the book, I set its brown body on top of the leaning tower of books next to me. Before picking up the next ancient book, the book underneath it caught my eye. I try to find the title, but the cotton white surface is perfectly smooth. I even open the book to find the title, but all I find are blank pages, so I close the book again and I repeat the same movements over and over again, but still nothing appears.

What in the ninja dimension is going on?

This is such a waste of time! No wonder it looks so new, because the author used invisible ink! As I am ready to throw the book onto the pile, something on the table's surface catches my eye. I quickly investigate what I saw, but it has disappeared. However, when I try to place the book again, the same thing happens.

Its pearly white spine refracts the light coming from the window and lands onto the birch wooden surface in front on me and I smirk.

'Hey Kayla? I think I found something that you need to check out,' I mind link Kayla.

'Sure thing.'

--------------------

"Many years ago, three brothers travelled through the woods on the outskirts of their village. While they were gathering flowers for their sick and pregnant mother, a wolf, larger than any wolf that they have ever hunted before, walked up to the brothers without fear, but with a limp, due to a broken paw. This wolf could feed their family three times longer than a normal wolf could have and the kill would be easy, so the boys took the opportunity. However, the wolf was not there to harm the three brothers; the enormous wolf was there in curiosity. The magnificent creature was caught off guard when they lunged and could not protect itself.

"When the boys returned home with something better than a bouquet of flowers, the family was delightful, except the mother. Every village had their own witch, but the witch only specialized in only one thing, such as healing. The mother, by the name of Xandria, was the most powerful witch in all history and was known throughout all the villages. So, when the mother listened to her children explain the tale of their adventure, she was horrified to see the children's proud faces while describing such a poor innocent creature of nature that was not causing any harm. If the wolf was out to attack the brothers, she would have understood that the kids had to protect themselves, but they didn't. Her children attacked an innocent creature that was injured and had no way of surviving."