Foreword

The world I lived in was split. There were two castes – the upper, and the lower.

The upper-caste was filled with wealthy people. They called themselves 'Masters'. Rich but arrogant businessmen and businesswoman, spoilt kids milling around the mall, having fun on their skateboards. Skyscrapers towered over the centre of trade. Everyone only kept their minds on themselves and never bothered about anyone else. It was simply paradise.

The lower-caste was filled with poor people. They were called 'Slaves'. Poor but humble odd jobbers, who worked for the upper caste, led simple lives with their children. The buildings were almost ruins, the fields were mostly charred and there was always a pungent smell lingering around. It was not a sight for sore eyes, but a sight to make eyes sore.

Right in the middle of both sections of our city, was the School. School was where every single child in the city went to.

The Masters could afford to pay for the school fees.

However, the Slaves could not. Thus, the Slaves' children were the cleaners of the school. Anything that was out of place or wrongdoing committed by a child of the Masters' was blamed on the Slaves' children.

One might call this abuse. But if a mutter of this word was heard by the merciless teachers in the school, who were all Masters, the Slaves' children would be punished.

Punished was not an appropriate word.

They were abused.

Mistreated beyond your wildest dreams.

This was the world I lived in. Could it be changed?

Could I be the change?