Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

I was walking to the diner where I was supposed to meet Chris. Recently, I have grown really close to him. He keeps my mind off of a lot of things- Sam mainly. My depression has slowly started to get better. Keeping Zane close when Chris isn't helps out a lot too. Zane has been by my side a lot lately. I dunno if that's cause I'm carrying his child or if it's because his mate still isn't back from her trip. Maybe it's a mix of both.

Right as I started to open the door to the building, someone grabs me. I couldn't see my attacker. He had managed to get a bag over my head before I could get a look at him. There must have been two different people, because I felt two sets of arms lift me up and put me into the back of a car. Someone inside of the vehicle started to bind my legs and arms. This same person tightened the bag over my head to where I couldn't shake it off.

“What do you want?” I asked them.

No one replied. 

“Help! Help! Help!” I started shouting, hoping that someone would hear me before they stole me away completely.

“ZANE! CHRIS! SOMEONE HELP!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“Shut up, bitch.” a man's voice snarled at me.

Something was lifted up to my face. It smelled strange. I couldn't narrow down on what exactly it smelled like because my senses started to fade.

“SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!” was the last thing I managed to scream before I fell into complete darkness.

((Sam's Point of View))

I bolted out of bed. I jumped out of bed, grabbing clothes and throwing them on.

Marcy awoke from her chair next to me. “What's going on?”

“Somethings wrong.” I told her.

“With the pack?” she asks, worry covering her face.

I shook my head. “Not with the pack. Something worse. I just feel scared. I don't know why thought. Other feelings that pop into my body are worry, sickness, confusion, and sadness. What's going on?”

Marcy touched my arm. “I think you are getting all of those feelings from River.”

“But we aren't even bonded!”

“Yes, but you are connected. All true mates are even if they aren't bonded. You feel them stronger if your an alpha.” she explains.

I clutch my head. “What's happening? Why is she feeling like this?”

“I'll call Zane, and see if he can explain it.”

She walks out of the room to call him. I go into my bathroom and down four Advil. Hopefully that will ease some of the pain I'm feeling. 

When Marcy comes in she stares at me heartbroken.

“What's wrong?” I ask her.

“River's been kidnapped.”