Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

“River, it's not healthy for you to be with Seb every minute of the day.” Zane said as I rocked my baby.

“Don't tell me how to treat my son.”

Our son. He's not just yours.” he reminds me.

I growl at him. “How about you go off and find your mate.”

Zane walks over to me. He get's on his knees in front of me and places a hand on my knee. “River, don't push me away. I know you better than anyone. You are clinging to Seb because you think he's the only one that you have to rely on. Well he isn't. I'm here for you. Hell, everyone in the pack is here for you.”

“Get out.” I told him.

He doesn't try to fight me. Instead he does as I wished, leaving the room immediately. He paused at the door as if he was about to say something. A part of me kind of wished he had said something. He hadn't though, he kept on walking through the door.

What he doesn't realize is that in the end everyone is there for their mate. No one is really here for me. No one except my baby boy. He is mine. He's the only one I have left. My parents won't speak to me. Zane has Marcy. Ira is almost always off with her mate. The mateless members of the pack pity me too much to be actual friends. Then there is Samuel. I haven't heard from him since he left last week. Every time a phone rings I keep hoping that it's him. Yesterday the door bell rang and I ran to the door as fast as I could to see if it was him. It's kind of stupid that I'm this desperate to see him. It's pointless. He doesn't want me. No one does.

I laid Sebastian down in his crib. “Good night, my handsome little man. Tomorrow we'll go for a walk in the garden.”

Once he was down, I climbed into my bed. I slept facing his crib, so if anyone tries to harm him, I can attack them as quickly as possible. No one is going to touch him. Those bloodsucking leeches won't have him.

**

I woke up in a state of panic. The first thing I noticed was this empty feeling in my stomach, as if something was wrong. Sniffing the air told me that Sebastian was gone. I looked around the room only to find that the crib was missing. I ran out of the room to find my son. I checked every room on the top floor. Not a sign of him.

I couldn't catch his scent. It was as if he had vanished into thin air. The next place I checked was the main floor. Every room was as it had been last night. Still no Seb. The basement was empty too. Someone has taken my baby.

As I made my way out of the house, two guards stopped me.

“We can't allow you to go anywhere, River.” Austin, one of them, said.

“My baby! He's gone!” I cried out.

“He's fine. He's been moved to the Alpha's house.”

“Take me to him!” I screamed.

“I'm afraid we can't do that.”

I fell to the ground sobbing. “I need my baby. Take me to my baby.”

Austin picked me up off the ground. When I was younger he used to act like a big brother to me. He scared away the bullies in elementary school. A big huge pack warrior was definitely a nightmare to little human boys. “Let's make you a cup of tea. Everything will be fine then.”

He placed me on the couch as he made tea. After a few minutes a hot cup of herbal tea was given to me. I took a sip of it, not caring if it burned my mouth.

“Why did they take him?” I asked.

“They just thought that you needed a break. They're looking out for you, River, not trying to hurt you.” he assures me.

I scoff. “If they truly cared about me, they should have grown a pair of balls and told me that they were going to take him.”

“And if they had would you have let them?”

“You don't understand, Austin! I woke up and he was gone. There wasn't a trace of him. Imagine your only child disappearing without a single hint of where he went off to. I thought that the leeches had got him....I thought they were coming to get revenge on me escaping their custody.”

He rubbed my back. “You know I can't say anything against the Alpha so this is just between you and me, but I don't think what he did was right. Sure it's his son as well. He needed to have told you before he did this. After everything you've been through, you deserve to be a little possessive.”

“Thank you.” I told him. Suddenly my vision started to become hazy. My head was swimming. Slowly I could feel my body letting go. “What did you put in this tea?”

“Alpha's order.” Austin said.

I threw the tea at him. “What the hell is happening?!?1”

“You'll be out for a couple of hours. It's a sedative, nothing that will damage you.”

“Help!” I screamed. “Help! He's trying to rape me!” I kept on screaming this. Hoping that someone would save me. No one came though.

I made it into the kitchen before the sedative really hit me. I couldn't fight it any longer. My body was shutting down. Everything was becoming blurry. It didn't take long for it to cause me to collapse. The last thing that I remember was falling backwards. The sound of glass shattering filled my ears. Someone was shouting. Then everything was dark.