Chapter 16

I didn't want everyone hating Zane so I did a quick update. I hope you enjoy. They had a reason for taking away her baby. You'll find out why. 

Chapter 16:

**Samuel's Point of View**

I slammed that son of a bitch up against a wall. My hand was wrapped tightly around his neck as I slid him up into the air. “What the hell have you done to her?”

“It's for her own good.” Marcy said as she rocked Sebastian back and forth trying to stop him from crying.

“Taking a child away from his mother? That's low.” I growled. “Hasn't she been through enough? Now you snatch the only thing that brings her joy away from her?”

“You..would..know....about....lows.” Zane manages to say.

I slam him even harder against the wall. “What's that, bastard?”

“Samuel, let him go.” Marcy demands.

I drop Zane to the floor. He hits the ground with a hard thump.

“Why the hell would you do this to River?” I growl. “Can't you hear her crying? It's all I can hear. Every sob is breaking me.”

“We had no choice.” Zane says with a sigh. “She was slowly killing herself and the baby.”

I growl at him. Marcy puts a hand on Zane, silently telling him to let her handle it. She turns to me, staring into my eyes. I've known her for years, I can tell everything that's going on through her mind. She pities me. She pities River. She pities herself. Hell she even pities Zane. Most of all she pities the baby.

“Every day she would hold him from the time he woke up to the time he went to sleep. The only time he would leave her arms was when she went to take a shower or when he fell asleep. She didn't eat. Whenever her body was telling her that she was hungry, she thought that Sebastian was hungry not her. So she would feed him. He slept in his crib beside her. Sometimes she would wake him up in the middle of the night because she thought that he was crying, even though he was sound asleep. River was loosing her mind.” Marcy sighed. “That's not even the worst of it.”

“Tell me.” I told her. “She's my mate. I deserve to know.”

“Two days ago, she thought that he needed a haircut. She pulled out a butcher knife and tried to cut his hair with it. Zane walked in, quickly taking him away from her. River ended up stabbing herself a couple of times before realizing what she had done. The pack doctor came and had to stitch up most of the wounds she had given herself. We had no choice. She was going to wind up killing him.”

“At this rate she's going to end up killing herself!” I shouted. The baby started to cry again.