Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Chef dragged me from my cell. I kept screaming and kicking. Contractions would hit me every couple of minutes or so. The pain was horrible. I couldn't fight too hard, I was too afraid I'd do something to my baby.

"Shut your whining." Chef growled at me as he dragged me towards a large table.

Five older leeches sat at the table. Three were men. Two of them had a woman on their arm. The oldest, who looked no older than I, sat at the head of the table. You could tell he was old because of the stench he gave off.

"Ah, the main course." he says with a chilling grin.

My arms wrapped around my stomach as I growled at them.

A younger vamp ran into the room. "Sir, we have wolves attacking us."

"Wolves? How many?" the old one asked.

"Fifty or so?"

"I told you that they would come for me." I said, holding my stomach.

The vamp snarled at me. "You be silent, mutt." The old one then began to have a conversation with the others. After a few moments, they attacked. The older five sunk their teeth into me. I screamed out in pain not only from the bite but another contraction. Their teeth only lasted a few seconds.

"Now we have something to fight for." He grinned at me. "I'll be back to finish you."

'River, are you okay?' Zane asked through our pack link.

Tears were flowing down my cheeks. 'No. It hurts. Make it stop. Please make it stop.'

'I'm coming.'

Just then a wolf comes into the room. He tears up the one elder that remained and Chef. Their bodies are so mangled that they are beyond recognition. The wolf then made it's way towards me. I screamed. Please don't kill me. Please don't. I didn't recognize this wolf so I knew that it wasn't from my pack. Which meant that it was from a different pack because there was no rogue smell. It could belong to an enemy pack.

"HELP!" I shouted as the wolf made it's way towards me.

The wolf shifted. "It's all right, River."

"How do you know my name?"

"Zane and Samuel sent me down here to get you."

"Zane woul- wait........did you say Samuel?"

As if on cue he came running into the room. His wolf was magnificent. Blood was splattered on it, as if trying to take away from his beauty. Thankfully it wasn't his blood. From what I could tell he wasn't injured. Instead he was furious. The wolf was violently shaking as he watched me. I would've loved to take more time to watch him but my contractions were coming closer together.

"Carlisle, stand down." Samuel ordered, after shifting back. Instantly the other wolf took off running.

I stared up at Samuel with tears in my eyes. "Please help me."

He made his way towards me, crouching down next to me. If I reached out, I could touch him. I knew not to do that though. He had rejected me. He was only here as a favor to Zane's mate. He wasn't here for me. His eyes looked over me, making sure that I was all right except for the fact that I was in labour. His body became tense when his eyes came into contact with the bite marks.

A deep growl came from him. He stood up quickly. "I'll kill them."

I couldn't take it any more. I reach out and grabbed his hand. "Don't leave me."

Samuel pulled me into his arms. "I won't leave you. You are mine, and no one else's."

For about ten minutes I was in his arms, riding out my contractions in his embrace. They didn't seem to be as violent with him there. Perhaps it had to do with the mate bond still there. It would take a few years for it to completely vanish.

"How is she?" Zane asked, running into the room.

"The contractions are coming closer together." Samuel told him. "We won't have a choice. The baby will have to be delivered here."

"NO!" I scream as I have another contraction. "My baby won't be born here. Please don't make me give birth in this horrible place."

"We don't have a choice, River." Zane told me. "I'm not going to take the risk of losing both of you."

Tears flowed down my cheeks as we were getting prepared for the birth of the future alpha. Ira, Ivan, and Marcy came in to help with the birth. Marcy comforted me as everyone else was running about getting makeshift supplies.

"Everything will be fine." She whispered into my hair as she dabbed sweat and tears from my face.

My sobs became louder. It was from both the pain and the horror of the idea that my child was going to be born in a vampire's home.

"Give her to me." Samuel growled, taking me back into his arms.

I looked into his eyes. "Is this a dream?"

"No, why would you ask that?" he questions.

"That's the only explanation that makes sense."

"What are you trying to explain?"

"Why you are here." I tell him.

He chuckles. "Silly, silly girl. You, River, are mine."

I didn't have time to question him on that. My child wanted out and wanted out right now. Samuel put me in between his legs. My back was supported by his rock hard body. Both hands were intertwined with his. My knuckles were white from squeezing onto him so tightly. My knees were up and bent, legs spread open. Marcy and Ira were the one's performing the actual birth. Ivan and Zane were keeping guard.

"Start pushing." Ira ordered.

I began to push, screaming as I did so. The pain was almost unbearable.

"Keep pushing." she says.

"I'M TRYING DAMN IT!"

"I see the head." Marcy says as she prepared a blanket.

After several more pushes my baby was out. A screaming pink thing was brought into the world. My heart swelled as I looked down at his upset face. As soon as he was cleaned off, my boy was handed to me in a blanket. I breathed in his scent, enjoying the feeling of him in my arms.

Zane came rushing into the room to get a glimpse at his son. He beamed at him. "He is beautiful."

I couldn't take my eyes off of him. "He is."

"I'll give you guys a moment." Samuel said, leaving the room quickly.

I ignored the hurt feeling and kept my mind on my baby. "Don't cry, little one. Everything is going to be fine now."

Zane sat down next to me. "Can I hold him?"

My body froze. My wolf did not like the fact that another wolf wanted to take away our son, no matter whether it was the father or not. "I guess."

He carefully took the bundle from my arms. "Hello, little guy."

After a few minutes, my baby was back in my arms. I was exhausted, but that didn't matter. My child was here. Exhaustion could wait until later. This little baby in my arms was my number one priority.

"What should we name him?"

"Sebastian." I said. "After my grandfather."

"That's the perfect fit. Sebastian, the future Alpha."