Chapter 11: Bora Bora!

"Up bright eyed and early!" I laugh at Patrick as we walk through the airport. Patrick refused to take take of the dark sunglasses he was wearing because of the dark circles under his eyes. "You are way to cheerful this morning" He laughs lightly while pulling me in to kiss my head. "Don't be pouty because you're missing 3 games" I rolled my eyes. "I wouldn't be if I wasn't missing the home/season opener" he whined

"Well when would you have liked to go on our honey moon?" I question but he has no answer for me but rather an eye roll and a loud sigh. "How did the doctor visit go?"
"I already told you" I say with loving smile. "I know, I just want to hear it again" he says "The baby is really healthy and now that we've reached the 10th week traditionally we are aloud to tell people about the baby"
"I'm so excited, is it a boy? No let it be a girl"
"I just want it to be healthy" That was the truth, the miscarriage during Sochi was still in the back of my mind. But back than, 3 years ago? I wasn't nearly as healthy as I was now. I was depressed, skinny and sick looking. I was so stressed because of everything going on with Patrick and I and also not knowing I was pregnant for so long didn't help either. "I know what you are thinking" Patrick says snapping me out of my train of thought. "And it won't happen" He than kisses my head and takes my hand "come on, they just called our flight"

I slept most of the flight while Patrick continually watched preseason highlight after highlight. When we finally arrived, Patrick and I where quick to get off the plane and grab our luggage. Once that was done we waited outside for our ride to the hotel. The hotel we where staying in was right on the beach and the rooms had fantastic views.

The first thing patrick and I did when we got there was change into our bathing suits and hit the beach, we were both in desperate need of relaxation. The water here was so clear it was insane. After spending the whole afternoon on the beach we had decided how we wanted to tell everyone we where expecting. In the shop of the hotel they sold this beautiful long silk white dress along with this white floppy hat.

Patrick helped me get into it before we headed out to the beach during sunset. I walked over to the water and rested one hand under my tiny stomach and my other on top. My hair was flowing in the slight breeze and the dress was to.
"Smile" laughed Patrick as he snaps a few photos on his phone. "got them" he smiles as he admires the photos on his phone. As I began to walk towards him he ran to me and knocked me over into the sand. He came on top of me, tickling me causing me to laugh uncontrollably "Patrick stop!" I laugh as he continues to tickle my sides while stealing kisses from me. "okay" he winks. He than grabs my hat and begins running back towards the resort.
"Patrick!Patrick!" I call his name frantically while trying to run after him. I began to run out of breath. I stopped and bent over, resting my hands on my knees I breathed heavily. Patrick noticed I had stopped and came running back towards me.
"You okay?" He asks
"I can't- I can't be running like that Pat" I laugh out of breath
"I'm sorry babe" he kisses my forehead before scooping me up and running again toward the resort.
"Oh my god! Patrick put me down!" I was laughing uncontrollably, grabbing tight on to Patrick in fear of falling.

When we reach the resort he puts me down on my feet and we head to a bonfire dinner. It was a nice relaxing night and Patrick only had one glass of red wine.

The whole week went as planned and was defiantly relaxing and much needed after the stressful wedding. When we got back to Chicago it was straight back to work and a regular schedule. Everyone was so excited that I was pregnant and the wives and girlfriends of players had a little cake cutting at one of the games.

I honestly couldn't wait to find out the gender of the baby so I could start preparing the babies room. I found my night stand cluttered with baby magazines.

One night when Patrick had his reading glasses and was looking at stats on the computer, he looked over at me. I was three pages deep in the newest baby magazine.

"You know I was thinking"

"You think?" I joke

"You're not funny and anyways I was thinking maybe we should look into a bigger place?"

"Bigger? Pat this place is so big"

"I know but don't you want more than one kid? And than them plus having my family over this pent house might not do it-"

"So you want a house?"

"I think so" he laughs

"Pat we'll talk about it in a few months, night" I lean over and kiss his cheek before turning off the bedroom light.