Chapter 8: Time Flys

Just to clear things up, I'm an idiot and put that Alyssa was drinking at the bachelorette party when I meant to put "they" not "we". so to clear things up Alyssa was not drinking!

This morning marked a new beginning in my life. I would no longer carry the last name of Johnson, I would be looked at as Kane. Alyssa Kane. It sounded weird to me coming from my mouth, but that would be my new name. I would wake up just about every morning with a Kane in next to me as we both got up to help the littlest Kane who was on his way, it was only a few more weeks until we knew the baby's gender.

I sat in the cold bed by myself, Patrick was in Jonathan's apartment probably getting ready. I could envision him now, probably flushed as he and Jonathan had a conversation over a cup of coffee. It wasn't long before I had to get out of bed and have a good breakfast. The brides maids where at my house getting ready with the makeup artists and getting their hair done. I was whisked away with my hair stylist who curled my hair in these big loose curls and pulled back a few strands so they wouldn't be in my face and so that my cathedral veil had somewhere to hook into. My makeup artist kept everything natural, giving me a smoky eye to make my eye color pop. I was taken away when I looked in the mirror, I truly felt beautiful.

"He's going to be breathless!" Gab cries as she stands behind me admiring me in the mirror.
"Tears aren't till the wedding!" I laugh
"I can't believe you're getting married!" She laughed through tears
"Please stop" I hug her tightly, trying not to touch her hair that was beautifully done.
"This is for you" she says as she pulls away. She hands me a folded piece of paper with my name sloppily written on top. I unfolded it and began to read.

Can I tell you that was the worst night of my life? I had to sleep without you next to me... Horrible. But I bet right now you're getting all dolled up, I don't think it's possible for you to look more beautiful than you already do. Today tho, today marks a new beginning as husband and wife. I can't believe it's happening so soon... It's crazy! I can't wait to spend my entire life with you. I promise to kiss all the bruises you get from bumping your leg into the side of the bed and kill all the spiders. I promise you a life time of my unconditional love... i promise you me. Its only a few more hours till I get to see my beautiful bride. I love you ~ Patrick

I smiled at the note in my hand. My patrick. It was only a few years ago that I couldn't stand him. It was only a few years ago I wanted him out of my life and gone but yet here we where about to commit our entire lives to each other. The Lord works in mysterious ways doesn't he?

When the limo arrives im practically shaking as I hold my bouquet. The ceremony place is wonderfully decoreated with flower petals everywhere. From where the limo is i can see the groomsman in their tuxes standing nice and tall.
"Are you ready?" Asks Gab as she squeezes my knee. "I'm really nervous"
The girls began to empty out of the limo and find their partner that they would walk down the isle with. The ceremony was taking place under a huge tent with heaters so that the people may not be to cold being that fall was here. But the tent had this big clear top and lights where strung all around it. Chairs where set up and a big white runner was rolled out with petals covering it along with little candles.

Now with everyone gone it was just me in the limo. I had to wait a few minutes before I could regroup with everyone except Patrick. "You look stunning" Jack, Gab's husband, smiles as he adjusts his sleeve. Little Corey is hanging onto his arm, for today he would be the ring barer and Patrick's little cousin would be the flower girl. "Thank you" I whisper back
"Can I do the honor of walking you down the isle?" He asks, I wouldn't have it any other way. When I lived with Gab, Jack and I had gotten close. I recalled how much I use to compliment his blue eyes, but now I had my own set of crystal blue eyes waiting for me to get lost in them at the end of the the isle. Everyone took their place and music began playing. We waited being the opening of the end which where the large white drapes. One of the drapes was held open each time another couple walked downed the isle. At this point I was no longer nervous, I was eager. I was so eager to be with my fiancé. It had only been a whole day since I last saw him, but I missed him terribly. Slowly, Jack and I where the last ones on the line. "He's going to be breathless" he whispers, I look up to meet his eyes and winks causing me to smile a little. I squeeze his arm a little tighter as the music begins to slow down, signaling us that it was time. The drape opened once more and familiar faces where turned and their eyes set on me. But I could only see one person, Patrick. He stood there tall, his hands folded. His blue eyes where visible all the way from the end of the isle. He faintly smiled which worried me as we walked down the isle. But as we got closer I understood why my Patrick was not smiling huge like he did the day I had said yes to the engagement,my Patrick was crying.

He was trying so hard to blink back the tears but two little tears trickled down his cheek as he smiled at me. When I reached the end of the isle, gab took my flowers and Jack kissed my cheek before I took Patrick's hand. We stood there with the priest next to us. I lift my hand gently and wipe away the single tear that's left on his cheek.
"I love you" I mouth, "you look...beautiful" he whispered to me.