Chapter 3: Time Agasint Us

"P-pregnant?" he stuttered as he looks down at me. That's it, I ruined it. He didn't want a kid now, and I just ruined the whole night. How could I be so stupid?

I bit my lip and nodded. "We're gonna have a baby? You're pregnant!" he rejoiced. His reaction took me back, I was surprised.
"Babe why don't you look happy? This is great" he was smiling
"I didn't think you wanted a baby now"
"Why wouldn't I?" he smiled
"I-I don't know"
"The wedding" he paused "Before or after the baby?"
"Before but"
"That would leave like 2 months to plan it"
"I can do it Pat, we'll have the wedding at the end of September right before the season starts and before I start showing"
"Before the 10 week mark?"
"Yes!" I laughed as I kissed him

*
Two weeks after the engagement we flew out Winnipeg where we stayed at Johnny's for a week. When we got there he congratulated us on the engagement and busted Pat's chops saying how he never thought he would see the day that Pat would ever get engaged or even find a girl to find him relatively attractive. On the last day being there Patrick asked Jonny to be his best man for the wedding for which he obliged.

I didn't get to even enjoy that week in Winnipeg as much I would've have likes to because every 5 minutes I was making arrangements for the wedding. I sent out the save the dates when we touched down in Buffalo. Pat and I had went to his old rink where we had a photo shoot. The main picture was the backs of the jerseys we were wearing which read 'Save' on mine with the number 9 and 'The Date' on Patrick's with the number 30. Pat had told me from the beginning he wanted to incorporate hockey into the wedding and I was trying incorporate it in the least tacky way I could. Once we got to Chicago in August I would be going for a dress fitting, food consultation, flower consultation and going to book the venue.

When we arrived in Buffalo after coming from Winnipeg we where all at dinner with Pat's sisters and parents. I had made these cute boxes that contained rings with each of sisters initials and a note to ask them to be my bridesmaid. I gave them their respective boxes and smiled as they read the note "Now it's my turn to pop the question, will you be my bridesmaid?" They instantly said yes and hugged me, I was so excited.

Patrick's parents where so excited for the wedding. Donna had given us a small portion of money to put towards the wedding which was so kind of her but wouldn't expect anything less being that this was her child's wedding and it was her first child to be getting married.

Those few weeks in Buffalo I wasn't able to get much done which was upsetting but Pat and I decided on Bora Bora for our honey moon. I was also able to get to the doctor, so far everything with the baby was going good, it was healthy. It was tough throwing off Donna every morning with my morning sickness. Pat and I wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret which was incredibly hard when all I wanted to do was sleep or throws up every five seconds.

A/n I gotta a little something something for you guys, next chapter will hopefully be up tomorrow!