Chapter 15: Baby love

The next day at the hospital all of Patrick's family had flown out to see the newest Kane. At 7lbs and 8 ounces Peyton was a pretty average baby with a head of hair. One my first day back the Kanes insisted on me taking a nap and relaxing. I got an hour of resting before I pulled my self from the warmth of the sheets and forced myself down the hall into the babies room. I wrapped Patrick's robe around me before going into the babies room.

The walls were painted a baby blue, one wall was striped blue and white with a brown baby bear decal on the wall. The babies furniture was a dark oak brown, which tied in all the colors. Quietly I walked over to the crib and peaked over where Peyton was sound asleep in his grey pj's with patrick's number on the back and the hawks logo on the front. As I was standing over the crib admiring him, Patrick snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his chin in the crook of my neck. "Isn't he beautiful?" he questioned
"Just like you" I laugh "where is the rest of the family?"
"They went out to dinner, thought we could use some alone time" He whispers the last part before kissing my neck and working his way up to my lips. With his hands on my hips he turns me around to face him. In the middle of the kiss a little cry rings around causing us to break away. I looked over, still cupping Patrick's face, and saw Peyton fussing. "So much for alone time" Patrick chuckles. I lean over the crib and scoop up Peyton into my arms. "Someone needs a change" i chuckle before pinching my nose to close off the bad smell.

"Here I'll take him, you go warm up his milk" Patrick mumbles as he takes Peyton from my arms. "Have fun with that stinker" I joke before disappearing into the kitchen to warm up a bottle. When I retuned the door was now creaked open just a little bit and from that little crack I could see Patrick putting a fresh diaper on Peyton. "Hi" he whispered softly at the baby. "I'm your dad, I'm a dad" he laughs. "I promise to do everything I can for you" he whispers the last part really low as if a secret between him, the baby, and his late grandfather. Once Patrick had finished changing the baby I opened the door and walked in with the bottle of warm milk.

"Can I feed him?" Patrick questions as he settles into the rocking chair with the baby. 'Can I do something?" I chuckle as i hand him the bottle. "Babe I have to leave for four days, you'll have your time" I understood, Patrick had hockey and right now Patrick had playoff hockey that he would be leaving for tomorrow night. "Win the cup so we can have Peyton sit in it" I joke with him. "Wouldn't that be nice?" he says. We sat there in the babies room feeding the baby abd burping him before the doorbell rang. "I'll get it"

I make my way downstairs too the front door, expecting the Kanes, I was supised to see Sharpy, Shaw, and Jonathan standing behind the door. "There's the pretty lady" Patrick smiled before pulling me into a hug. "Where is he?" Shaw questions. "He's upstairs with Patrick" Patrick and Andrew head upstairs leaving Jonathan and I in the living room. We both take a seat on the coach, I pulled my knees up into my chest. "How are you feeling?" Jonathan asks. "Im so tired" I laugh.
"Never thought I would see the day Patrick got a wife and baby before me" He laughs. We may have been married and with a child before Jonathan but he was recently engaged to his lovely girlfriend. "Well we have something to ask you but I think Patrick's a little busy so i'll do it"
"What's the question?"
"We want to know if you'll be the godfather of the baby" Jonathan's brown eyes goo soft and his face relaxes "Only if I can meet him first" Jonathan smiles. Jonathan or any of the blackhawks for that matter hadn't had the chance to meet the baby because of game responsibilities along with practices. When we made it up to the room, Patrick, Patrick and Andrew were laid on the floor with Peyton on his carpet. Andrew was making faces at Peyton causing him to giggle. "I swear you're a kid yourself" Jonathan jokes. Jonathan goes over and picks Peyton and nuzzles him to his chest.

"yes" he says. "yes" Jonathan was the godfather of my child and my sister gab was the godmother. "This is a perfect little family" Sharp says
"Group picture!" Andrew shouts before setting up his phone. With Patrick's one arm pulling me into his side and the other one holding the baby and the other hawks gathering around we got a group shot.

It was soon after the hawks had came back from their two road games that they all met baby Peyton along with all their girlfriends/wives. The Kane's flew home except for Patrick's father who stayed with us and helped me around the house when Patrick was at practice. Other times Elina, Abby or Amanda would come pay me a visit with presents for Peyton. I barley had four hours of sleep every night but that was okay because I wanted to enjoy every minute I had with Peyton. But one night as Patrick and I where getting ready for bed I came to the realization that we could not live in this penthouse anymore. "You realized that now?" Patrick questioned.
"Well with your family staying with us and the boys coming over I just think we need more space...Possibly our first house"
"You know Johnny is planning on moving out to and the house he's looking at is big and I-"
"Patrick how about we go look Saturday? It's your day off and we can spend some time in the city. I'm sure Gab won't mind babysiting"
"It's a date" he smiles