Chapter 5: Just Wait

"God I'm so fucking pissed!" I screamed. Why did he have to be so fucking hard headed? Maybe I did freak out a little, you can't blame me my hormones are all over the place, just this morning I cried while watching Cake Boss.

As I walked the streets of Chicago my phone began to ring, Patrick. I hit decline, god I was so angry with him. Having only two months to plan a wedding plus being pregnant was the most stressful thing I've ever done. And on top of all that my fiancé is busy getting ready for the up and coming season so I have no help. I wished we had done a small wedding like my sister did, it was just immediate family out in Florida. Half of Pat's family was flying out for this damn wedding.

I found a little coffee shop where I stopped and ordered a decaf hazelnut coffee. I sat there sipping the drink, my head restored against the wall. I needed a moment away from it all.

After I finish the drink and throw it out in the garbage I step foot outside where the warm Chicago air soothes me. I can't help but visualize what Chicago will look like come October. The streets will be flooded with red shirts with hawk logos on them, even when the Hawks aren't playing. Giggly girls would dawn 88 on there back but Chicago's beloved Kane was mine. At the end of the night he belonged to me. No other girl would get to go home and celebrate the win with him, no other girl would have to sit there and ice his knee as he threw popcorn in my hair causing me fall back giggling uncontrollably.

He was mine

I stopped dead in my tracks. "what have I done?" I mumble to myself. I look down at my left ringless hand. I screwed up so bad. I found myself waking briskly to the apartment, bumping into a man causing him to drop his...sticks?
"I'm so- Jonny?"
"Hey Alyssa" he smiles warmly as he bends over to pick up his sticks, I squat down to help him.
"What are you doing back so early?"
"I just wanted to come back earlier, Patrick upstairs?"
"Yea, but don't come over till later please"
"What happened? Where's your ring?"
"We got into a fight and I-"
"Go make it right with him" he smiles as we both stand up. He doesn't say a word as he hugs me tightly, rubbing my back before letting me go. He looks at me and I nod my head before running into the elevator and hitting our floor number.

I take a second to gather my thoughts and calm my nerves. The door opens and there is the penthouse door. I reach my hand forward and rest my hand on the handle before pushing the door open.
"Patrick?" I call
"A-alyssa?" he stutters back from the top of the stairs.
"Patrick!" I run half way up the stairs and into his arms.
"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asked concerned as I cried into his shirt.
"I'm so sorry!"
"Why are you sorry? I should be sorry?"
"I over reacted"
"No honey, you are doing everything for this wedding by yourself the least I could do was pick up the vitamins for you and the baby, I'm such a dick... I'm going to be a terrible father"
"Patrick!" I gasp "no you will not, you're going to be the best father in the world"
"I can only hope, you're going to be the best mom and we're going to have the best wedding" A smile appears on his face as the corners of his lips turn upward ever so slightly as he rubs my back.
"Patrick I don't want to fight like that"
"Neither do I, how about we go get some wedding details done?"
"I'd like that" I chuckle

Out front door swings open and in comes Jonny. "You guys are seriously so cute!"
"Were you ease dropping!"
"Maybe... Come on let's make popcorn and have a movie night"
"Oh I can't wait to third wheel with you two" I roll my eyes at them as they make there way into the kitchen.