Chapter 9: My Addiction

Patrick's POV

There she was standing at the very end of the isle, looking as beautiful as ever. Everyone stared at her in awe as she walked down the isle and that's when it hit me. This beautiful women, whom everyone was in envy of today, was mine. She was walking toward me, she was marrying me. No one else would have her at two in the morning and no one would have her at 5 in the afternoon. No one but me.

When Alyssa had taken my hand at the alter and slowly lifted her hand to my cheek I had realized that I was crying. Looking at her infront of me with all her beauty, inside and out, I realized that I was the luckiest man in the world. I practically forgot how to breath as I looked at her. I could barley hear what the priest was saying as I admired her. But eventually I was able to get a hold of myself and heard what the priest was saying "I understand that the couple has written their own wedding vows, we will now start with Patrick"

I couldn't breath again and I shakily took the piece of paper from my suit pocket and unfolded it. I took a deep breath before I started, making eye contact with Alyssa before talking

"Alyssa Johnson, I take you to be my best friend and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and to love you truly through the good and the bad. I pledge to laugh with you in joy, grieve with you in sorrow, stay with you in sickness and in health, cherish you in wealth and in poverty, and love you unconditionally for as long as we both shall live. For in you, I've found the love of my life and my closest and truest friend" As the last word escaped my mouth I looked up at Alyssa who was blinking back the tears in the rims of her eyes. She squeezed my hand tighter before grabbing the piece of paper that Jonny was handing to her. Before she started to read she squeezed my hand once more.

"Patrick Timothy Kane, it seemed that a man like you only existed in my wildest of dreams. The happiness that I knew could never compare to the joy loving you brings me. As I give myself to you in marriage today I promise to laugh at all your corny jokes and watch hockey highlights with you. I promise to ice your bruises after games. I promise to appreciate you always and to stand by your side no matter where life takes us. I love you more than ever and I promise to love you even more as each day passes, forever. I am who I am because of you, you are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had. And no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday I spend with you is the best day of my life" She was choking on her own tears towards the last sentences of her vows. I gently wiped a few off of her cheek before taking both her hands and listening to the priest.

"By the power vested in me by the State of Illinois, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" I cupped the back of her neck and kissed her addicting lips, I could swear they were whisky, always calling me back for more. Cheers ring out as Alyssa and I grabbed each other's hand and walked down the isle and outside where the limo for us was waiting.