And This Is My Life

It was a year and half after Peytons first birthday party that Patrick and I would be attending Jonathan's wedding. he had been dating this lovely girl Lindsey for about four years now and finally popped the question around Christmas. Patrick was going to be the best man and Payton was going to be the ringbearer. The whole team was excited for Jonathan and his new start in life.

I had to say I kind of felt old, Patrick and I have been married for multiple years and already have a baby. It was often that Lindsey and Jonathan came to us for advice which was weird to me. Even though it's been a few years I still feel new to the whole baby and marriage thing. But nonetheless I love marriage with Patrick. There was something about waking up to his blue eyes every morning and running my hand through his blond curly hair that gave me butterflies in my stomach every time I thought about it. But then the best part was when Peyton would come running in the bed room and jumped straight onto the bed and snuggling between us. Then shadow would come and he would jump up onto the bed and lick Patrick and take his place at the foot of the bed.

I was so happy that someone would be able to experience it to. Now he wasn't the only blackhawk to get married, Andrew finally popped the question to Chaunette. They had got married in June right after playoffs. now with so much exciting things going on in the Blackhawk family Patrick and I were excited to announce that I was pregnant with another baby. This baby was more planed, as Patrick and I had talked about it weeks before we actually went about doing it.

We had agreed that we wanted another child but there was a lot to take in to account. It was really hard for me to take care of Peyton alone without Patrick most of the time. But we had reached the agreement that Patrick's new contract extension could let me stay home and leave my job. I didn't want to, I didn't want to be distant from my hawk family. But Patrick reminded me I would always be around them, as long as Patrick was a hawk.

So here I was, an ex Blackhawk member who was a month pregnant, siting watching two amazing people get married.

It was after the wedding that Patrick had his arms wrapped around my as we slow danced at the reception. My head rested on his chest as we swayed together. Before the song ended, Peyton ran up to us and Patrick picked him up. I looked at your beautiful baby boy with these blonde curls and crystal blue eyes like his father. This was my family, this was more than I could ever dream of having.

I kissed Peyton's cheek and than Patrick's lips. Together we danced closely, as one. This was my life now. This was my Patrick, my beloved Patrick. And this was my Peyton, my beloved Peyton. My Peyton who wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father and play hockey. And inside me, this would be our wonderful addition. This one would be the one to annoy Peyton but than hug it out and apologize. And this one was the one Peyton would be most protect full over and be the best big brother he could be. And this, this was my family.