3.0

After that night, sex became kind of a regular thing for Michael and Melissa. Once Michael got past the awkwardness of it all and they both became more comfortable with each other, they realized how much they actually liked doing this, both of them were left wondering why they hadn't done it sooner.

Now that Michael didn't have to work all day in the shitty music store anymore he spent most of his time at home with Melissa, who somehow found time for Michael and her job without getting too overwhelmed.

It had been almost three weeks since Michael's birthday. Thanksgiving had passed, Melissa was getting more days off than usual, there was a thin layer of snow on the ground, and Michael and Melissa were having sex just about every time they were alone with each other.

It didn't matter if Parker was at school, or at Beth's house, or even asleep in the other room (they'd only done that once), if Michael and Melissa were alone, they'd find a way to do it.

And Michael had to admit, they were getting a little careless about it. Sometimes they'd be in such a rush because they only had an hour before they had to pick up the kids from school or Melissa only had a short break before she needed to get back to running whatever errands she had for the day and they'd end up risking a lot just so they could have a few minutes alone.

So that's where they were now. Tangled up under the sheets on a cold winter day, participating in their new favorite hobby.

"You know what I was just thinking about?" Melissa asked, slightly out of breath, placing her hands on Michael's shoulders and making him look up at her. He was on top this time, because he'd become a lot more confident about this, seeing as they'd had sex at least once every couple days for the last few weeks.

"Well, I'd hope you were just thinking about me." Michael chuckled sarcastically, rolling off of Melissa and landing on the other side of the bed.

"What if I told you that I was thinking about french fries?" Melissa questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. She turned onto her side so she was facing Michael, using a hand to prop her head up.

"I'd push you out of bed." Michael joked.

"Okay, well, that's good, because I wasn't thinking about french fries." Melissa laughed. "I was thinking about something that involved you."

"Good, that's how I like it." Michael smirked, pulling the sheet up to cover his body more. He ran a hand through his hair, that was messy and damp with sweat, before looking towards Melissa again.

Melissa laughed again and poked Michael in the chest with her finger. "I was thinking about how you need a job."

"Wow, that's a lovely thing to think about during sex." Michael scoffed.

"Well it was either that or what's for dinner tonight." Melissa joked, giving Michael another playful shrug.

"What is for dinner tonight?" Michael questioned, feeling that their dinner menu was a much more important topic than him getting a job.

"I was thinking about ordering Chinese food, but Parker will probably want mac n' cheese so we might end up eating that again." Melissa answered simply, then returned to what she was saying before. "Anyway, you need a new job."

"I'll get a new job." Michael said quickly. He wasn't exactly going out and about and looking for a job, he was kind of waiting for one to come to him first, and that was the problem. "These things take time, Mel."

"I know, I know, I was just trying to think of a place that you could go to possibly get hired." Melissa sighed. All she really ever wanted to was help Michael, even though it rarely ever worked out.