2.9

"Maybe this is a sign." Michael sighed, letting go of Melissa. She sat up on his lap while she pulled her phone out of her pocket, answering the call. "Maybe we just aren't meant to have sex."

"Shut up." Melissa rolled her eyes, slapping Michael on the chest. She put the phone to her ear and Michael stopped talking, knowing that he'd get yelled at again if he tried to. "Hello? Yeah, I'm with him now. Okay... Okay... Yeah. Alright, bye."

"Who was that? Why do you keep talking about me?" Michael asked as soon as Melissa hung up.

"That was Luke." Melissa shrugged. "I just really like talking about you to all of your friends."

"I'm serious! What are you doing?" Michael groaned. Like he'd said before, he didn't mind at all that Melissa talked to his friends. In fact, he kind of liked that they were all getting along with each other. Michael just wanted to know why he was being talked about.

"I can't tell you." Melissa said, shaking her head. "Not yet."

"What do you mean, 'not yet'?" Michael whined, sitting up quickly and almost making Melissa fall off of his lap.

"I can't tell you just yet." Melissa shrugged again.

"When can you tell me?" Michael pouted.

"Stop pouting at me like that!" Melissa groaned, grabbing the sides of Michael's face and pinching his cheeks so he couldn't pout anymore. "You'll find out soon."

"You're all planning to murder me, aren't you?"

"Why in the world would we do that?" Melissa scoffed. She climbed off of Michael's lap, grabbing his hands and pulling him off of the bed.

"What are you doing? Aren't we going to have sex?" Michael questioned, following Melissa out of the room.

"Not right now. Later." Melissa said, not even bothering to look back as she pulled Michael down the stairs.

"My presents - "

"We'll get them later." Melissa said quickly.

"Can I change my shirt - "

"You look hot in that one." Melissa said, tightly holding onto Michael's hand.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" Michael asked as they reached the bottom of the stairs, getting a little impatient.

"Your apartment." She shrugged.

"No, the kids are there!" Michael whined. "I like being alone with you, we're never going to get to have sex if the kids are in the apartment!"

"They can watch." Melissa shrugged. She grabbed her jacket that was hanging on the hook near the door and put it on.

"Mel, let's just stay here." Michael begged and tried not to laugh, grabbing Melissa's hand and trying to drag her back into the house.

"I have something really cool planned back at your apartment, you're going to like it." Melissa said excitedly, pulling Michael out the front door.

"A sexy - "

"It's not a sexy maid costume, you've got to let that go." Melissa said, shaking her head again.

"Fine." Michael said, letting out a big sigh.

Michael agreed to go back to his apartment without anymore argument and followed Melissa back to his car, which was still parked out on the driveway. The ride home was pretty quiet, mostly because Michael had no idea what was going on.

When they got back to the apartment Michael stopped Melissa outside of the front door, a little scared to see what was inside waiting for him.

"Are you sure that no one is going to murder me?" Michael asked, placing his hands on Melissa's shoulders.