1.5

"Daddy, why are you dressed so fancy?" Parker asked, staring up and Michael he paced around the room. He wasn't even dressed that fancy, he was just wearing a nice button up shirt and some nicer jeans that he normally did.

"He's going out for ice cream." Calum answered for Michael, walking into the room and plopping down on the couch next to Parker.

Michael and Parker were hanging out at Luke's house until it was time for Michael to go meet Beth at the restaurant,and Calum was also hanging out there for the night since he surprisingly had nothing else to do. Michael assumed that he was just waiting for another booty call so he could ditch them like he normally did, but Calum insisted that he wasn't going to. He'd been acting really weird lately, and for some reason he always wanted to spend time with Parker, but Michel didn't bother asking why Calum was acting that way.

"I am not." Michael snapped, sending a glare to Calum, who had grabbed Parker and pulled him onto his lap. Weird.

"What time are you leaving?" Luke asked Michael as he entered the room. He was probably annoyed with Michael, since all he'd done in the past hour was walk across the living room and back again about a thousand times.

"Like, ten minutes, God." Michael scoffed, also annoyed with Luke.

"Are you nervous?" Luke asked.

"Clearly!" Michael said, rolling his eyes because the answer was so obvious. Of course Michael was nervous about this, it was Beth, he had a good reason to be nervous.

"Daddy, are you going to go eat with Melly?" Parker asked from his spot on Calum's lap.

Michael really wished that Parker hadn't brought up Melissa, because she was the last person that he wanted to think about at the moment. She was really mad at him, and Michael deserved it; he was leaving her alone on her birthday. He just didn't want to think too much about her right now, he'd do something to make this all up to her another day, tonight he had to focus on Beth.

"Uh, no, Park, I'm actually going to go eat with Mommy." Michael said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"But you and Mommy don't like each other anymore." Parker said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"We still like each other." Michael shrugged. He and Beth were still good friends, Michael thought that Parker had figured that out.

"How does Melissa feel about you going out with Beth?" Calum questioned, actually paying attention to the conversation around him rather than the TV for once.

"She's upset." Michael shrugged.

"Dude, you're so screwed." Luke chuckled, "She's never going to forgive you for this. You're literally ditching her to go hang out with your ex-girlfriend."

"It's not like Melissa's my girlfriend or anything." Michael shrugged again, not knowing what else to do.

"Dude!" Calum groaned, smacking himself in the forehead and making Parker crack up. "She's basically your girlfriend!"

"I never asked her to be my girlfriend." Michael countered, although he knew Calum was right. Melissa was practically his girlfriend, it really didn't matter whether or not he asked her. Melissa obviously considered Michael as her boyfriend and he should consider her as his girlfriend, but he was finding that too hard to do.

"You're such an idiot." Luke whined, mostly to himself, and sat down in one if the chairs, curling himself into a ball.

"Can you all please stop insulting me? I'm going out with Beth, so what? Melissa will get over it." Michael snapped, growing more and more frustrated with his friends by the second for calling him out like this.