2.1

Parker was fine for the next couple days, he didn't complain about his cold as much even though it was clearly still there, and he'd been in a better mood than he had in a while. But on Thursday morning when Parker refused to get out of bed Michael started to worry again, because he was afraid that Parker was just getting worse instead of better.

"Buddy, you're going to be late for school if you don't get up." Michael said softy, shaking Parker just a little to try and wake him up more. He was half asleep, with his face buried into the pillow so he couldn't even see Michael.

"I don't want to get up." Parker whined. He rolled over and rubbed his eyes, which were already watery.

"I know, but you have to, little man. I'm sorry." Michael said, crouching down next to the bed so he was eye level with Parker.

"My nose hurts." Parker pouted, rubbing his nose that was red and sore from the amount of times that he'd (unsuccessfully) blown it in the past few days.

"I know, it'll feel better soon." Michael said, pushing Parker's hair off of his forehead. He felt his head again, checking for a fever.

Parker just let out a big groan and rubbed his eyes again, swatting Michael's hand out of the way first.

"Come on, let's get ready for school." Michael said, once again trying to coax Parker out of bed.

"But I don't feel good." Parker mumbled. He sat up anyway, even though Michael was about to just give up and let Parker sleep some more.

"I know, Pac-Man, but it's just a cold." Michael said, figuring that if Parker was going to get out of bed himself he might as well let him. "You'll get better in a few more days."

"Okay." Parker nodded slowly and then crawled out of bed, hopping onto the floor and then walking out of the room, into the bathroom or maybe his own room, while Michael headed into the kitchen to make breakfast for both of them.

Michael made some cereal for Parker and then a bowl for himself, and he tried to quickly eat it while sending a text to Melissa at the same time. He asked if they could try to have lunch together that afternoon, because they hadn't seen each other a lot in the past few days. Michael was taking care of Parker and Melissa was taking care of Katie, and they didn't have time to get together.

"Daddy?" Parker said quietly, walking up behind Michael, who shoved another spoonful of cereal in his mouth before turning around.

"What?" He asked with his mouth full, not even really paying attention to Parker at all.

"I threw up."

"No you didn't." Michael said, his head shooting up quickly at what Parker said. He hoped that Parker was lying. He really hoped that Parker was lying.

Michael was the type of person that absolutely hated when people got sick or threw up or anything like that. It was wired, but it was just one of those quirks that Michael could not get himself to get over at all. He just couldn't stand it. If someone around him got sick Michael automatically felt sick as well, and he hated that even more. That's why he freaked out a few months ago when Parker had the flu, because he had no idea how he was supposed to take care of him.

"Yes I did!" Parker whined. Michael believed him, because he didn't see any reason for Parker to lie about this. He was four, he didn't understand the concept of faking sick to skip school yet.

"What - ? You - Do you still feel sick?" Michael asked.

"Yes." Parker nodded slowly, looking up at Michael with an expression on his face that was a mix of sadness and maybe confusion.