2.7

ALRIGHT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE YOU ALL READ I JUST WANT TO ASK THAT EVERYONE STOPS BEING SO MEAN TO MELISSA BECAUSE SHE DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG SHES ACTUALLY A REALISTIC CHARACTER UNLIKE A LOT OF GIRLS IN FANFICS AND IT ANNOYS ME WHEN EVERYONE COMMENTS ABOUT WANTING MICHAEL BACK WITH BETH WHEN THATS NOT!! GONNA!! HAPPEN!! thanks bye

-

Michael would be lying if he said that he wasn't happy about Beth taking Parker for the weekend. He was really happy. He loved Parker and he loved spending time with him, but sometimes Michael really needed a break.

Lately it had become really easy for Michael to get annoyed with Parker and he was often tired of trying to keep up with him. Between him having a new job and trying to make sure that Parker was taking his medicine when he was supposed to and attempting to spend time with Melissa, Michael was more than a little overwhelmed.

He was doing the best he could, but things got difficult sometimes and there was no denying that. Michael often found himself waking up in the middle of the night and remembering something that he'd needed to do days before, or sometimes he'd panic over things as simple as what to feed Parker for breakfast. He was in way over his head and was too scared to admit it to anyone else.

Michael was extremely glad when Beth showed up on Friday evening to pick up Parker, and by Sunday afternoon he was feeling much better about everything.

He still had a few hours left until Beth was coming back to drop off Parker, and Michael had invited Melissa over. She'd spent the whole weekend with Katie because her mom was out of town again and Michael decided that it would be best for them to just stay apart for a couple days. It was good for both of them; sometimes it was better if they had their space.

"Hey." Michael said as he opened the front door, suddenly feeling bad about not even getting dressed to see his girlfriend. He was still wearing his pajamas.

"Hi." Melissa smiled, holding out a box of crackers for Michael to take. She stepped inside and kicked off her shoes by the front door, shoving her hands down in the pockets of her coat.

"Are you going to take that off and stay a while?" Michael joked, laughing at the way that Melissa was standing, shivering, in the entrance of their apartment.

"It's freezing outside." Melissa said, shaking her head.

"Aw." Michael chuckled, taking a step forward. He wrapped his arms around Melissa and held her close to him, doing his best to create some body heat between them. "I'm sure I can warm you up."

"Thank you." Melissa laughed, her voice muffled by Michael's shirt. She wrapped her arms around Michael's torso and hugged him tightly, not letting go for a long time.

"What are these?" Michael finally asked, holding up the box of crackers that Melissa had handed him.

"Ugh, don't even get me started on those." Melissa groaned. She pulled away from Michael and brushed some hair out of her face, finally taking her coat off.

"What's wrong with them?" Michael laughed. They were just crackers, he didn't see why they were such a big problem.

"They're these dumb organic crackers that Katie's dad used to by for her." Melissa sighed. "We saw them at the store the other day and she made me buy five boxes. Five, Michael. This is the last box, I thought you or Parker might want it."

"But why? Why are you giving them to me?" Michael questioned. He opened up the box and took out a handful of crackers, shoving them into his mouth. They weren't bad, but they weren't amazing either. Michael still didn't see why they were a problem.