chapter 17

ok so dev is actually hazel-eyed and hazel eyes are usually either really really green or really light brown or a mixture thats why i get mixed up a bit sometimes because everytime someone says "hazel eyes" really green pops into my head ok sorry for the confusion im watching pewdiepie as i write this lmao i love u

ps there will be a luke pov soon ha :D

pps idk if you know this but dev doesnt live in australia so this isnt being held at australia dev and jonas live in the us ok just wanted to clear this up so theres no confusion :D

d e v o n n e
m a i s y

Are you ready?

Dev stared at Dani's text message for the longest time. She was so frustrated - because was she really ready? Was she ready to see Luke and Reneé slow dancing in the middle of the dance floor? Was she ready to go to prom for the first time ever? Was she ready to go with someone she didn't even like? Was she ready to wear a dress in public for? Was she ready to go to some event that she didn't even want to go to?

Was she ready to break her heart again?

She didn't know. So that's exactly what she replied.

I don't know, am I?

Prom was an hour away, and Dev wasn't even dressed yet. She didn't know how to put on make-up, except for the usual mascara and lip gloss. She didn't know what to do with her hair, and she'd placed her dress under the bed, since she didn't even want to attend. She didn't care, she didn't even want to go to prom in the first place. It was some stupid event that proved no significance to her.

Dammit, Dev. I'm coming over. I bet you're not even ready.

Dev chuckled quietly to herself, disregarding the text as she laid her back on the headboard of her bed. She carelessy threw her phone to the desk beside her bed, and grabbed the packet of chips she was recently eating. The television was on, and instead of getting ready for some event that every teenage girl - except her - had always dreamed of going, she was watching re-runs of Friends.

She had only just finished her bag of chips when her bedroom door flew open, making her jump in surprise, "Fuck!"

"You are going to prom." Dani simply stated, casually entering the room as if it were her own.

She looked absolutely stunning. Her wavy, frizzy black hair was now shiny and straight, and she'd made her make-up dark, and she'd managed to make her brown eyes pop. Her electric blue dress that reached just above her knees fit her well, and Dev felt self-concious and insecure all of a sudden.

Dev stared at her best friend, before muttering softly, "You look beautiful, Dani,"

Dani smiled, before she quickly rushed over to the vanity mirror, placing her black make-up bag on top of the table infront of the mirror, "Now come here. We have one hour to get you ready,"

Dev groaned, grabbing a pillow and cuddling with it as she protested, "I don't want to go."