chapter 18 - lukes pov

IM SORRY IF THIS SUCKS BUT MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR I LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND LIKING THIS TRASHFIC AND STICKING BY ME I LOVE YOU

PS SORRY THIS DOESNT HAVE MUCH DIALOGUE ITS JUST WHAT LUKE WAS FEELING AND STUFF FUCK IM SO SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER IMC RJFS

l u k e
h e m m i n g s

It was all a blur. One big, massive, hazy blur. One second Devonne Maisy was the most beautiful girl in the planet, the next Luke was looking like Reneé like she was the only girl in the world. He didn't know exactly how or what happened, all he remembered was that Dev used to be the only thing in his mind.

Long story short, Luke wasn't dumb. He knew Reneé stole Dev's phone. He wanted so badly to do something. He didn't want to kiss Reneé. He didn't want to hold her in his arms. He didn't want her to be the only girl in his world. He wanted Dev. He wanted her so bad, and the only reason he wasn't doing anything about it, was because he can't. He can't fucking do anything.

He felt so... So controlled. Like he didn't have any choice or thoughts on everything he did or said. It was no use. No matter how human he became or seemed to appear, he would never be able to resist the app. It was impossible. Never in the history of this app, had anyone ever became too human to control themselves.

This wasn't supposed to happen. From what he could recall, Dev was the owner the her phone, therefore she was the owner of that app. How did Reneé manage to do that?

When he saw Dev in the hallway that day, and how hurt and broken she looked, all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her and be able to call her beautiful again. But he couldn't, because Reneé fucking Britts controlled his life.

He couldn't do anything, and that sucked so bad for him. That was why he didn't do anything when he was practically forced into a suit. He wasn't used to this. He didn't even want to go to prom. But he had no choice.

Internally sighing, he walked inside the gymnasium hand-in-hand with Reneé, Kate and her date following close behind. Dozens of students had walked up to them and told them what a perfect couple they made, and how handsome and gorgeous the pair looked.

Reneé was pretty. She had pale skin, pretty eyes and soft, blonde hair. She was easily the most attractive girl in the room, even if she looked like an absolute slut in her bright pink dress that was way too short and inappropriate.

Luke didn't do anything but smile and nod, with Reneé practically clinging onto him, because he couldn't do anything else. Literally. Even when Reneé brought him into the corner, tapped away on Dev's phone, and practically forced him to act like he was having a good time.

They were at the corner, just laughing and giggling to themselves for about half an hour before the gym entrance flew open. Luke saw Reneé look over to the direction of the entrance, eyes widened, and he grew confused.