chapter 3

BEFORE I START TURNS OUT THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE READING IT SO IM GOING TO UPDATE TODAY BECAUSE IM SO SO HAPPY YAY I LOVE YOU

DEDICATED TO NIÑA AKA RECKLESS_IRWIN BC I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND EVERYTIME SHE SEES ME AT SCHOOL SHE LITERALLY DEMANDS AN UPDATE HA LOVE U NIÑA OK ENJOY !!

It'd been a week since Devonne had first brought Luke to school, and it had been hell. If she got a hundred dollars for every damn time a girl - and even some guys - shot her a mean look, she'd be a freaking millionaire.

Her parents were never really home, so it didn't surprise her that they never noticed Luke. Even though he practically lived in the small house at their garden.

Luke, on the other hand, had been absolute heaven. He was learning undeniably fast - almost like he'd done all of this before, but was just reliving it. Sure, he still had many things to learn, but he knew enough to be considered a human.

Jonas had finally put his iPad down, and devoted his days to teaching Luke to be human. It said in the app that your 'boyfriend' is able to learn, just get him used to the questions you ask, or the things you say. Like if you keep typing something continuously, he'll get used to it, and the way you act around him affects his attitude too.

Devonne had to admit, Luke was probably the best - and the worst - thing that'd ever happened to her. She loved when he held her hand at the most random times in school, but she hated the looks she got from everyone. She loved when he randomly called her beautiful, but she didn't like that the person calling her that wasn't even human.

"I'm off with my friends today," Jonas informed Dev, slinging his soccer bag over his right shoulder, "You can take over Luke. Please take him out or something,"

Dev simply just hummed, more of her attention was on the novel - the same novel she'd been trying to read since the day Luke was born(?) - rather than what her brother was saying.

After she'd read a few pages, she heard a familiar voice call out, "Dev! You're supposed to take me out,"

For a moment, her heart skipped a bit, because Luke sounded so much like a human, and this creeped the heck out of her. She slammed her book shut and eyed him up and down suspiciously.

Luke was stood merely just a few steps away from the couch she was currently occupying, long, tight and black skinny jeans covered his legs and he wore a black shirt and a red flannel. Dev would be lying if she said he didn't look delicious - because he did. He looked very delicious, just like always.

"Uh, um," She stuttered. Even thought it'd been weeks, she would never get used to how attractive Luke was. "Yeah, sure, just, uh, let me, um, go get ready,"

Luke nodded, his grin slowly forming into a smug smirk as if he knew he made Dev nervous. This didn't help at all - it just made her even more nervous. She placed her novel on the living room table, and practically bolted to her room. She put on a black sweatshirt and some random pair of shorts, before she emerged from her room.

As they walked out and into the sidewalk, silence engulfed them. Dev still wasn't sure if Luke could answer everything like a human, but decided to break it after moments of not being able to take it anymore.

"So," Her voice trailed off, "What's your favorite color, Luke?"

He stared at her for awhile, blue eyes widening as if he was surprised she'd asked him something, before answering with a smile, "Beautiful."

Dev sighed. Guess he wasn't as human as she pictured him out to be. Well, yet anyways. Luke seemed like a fast learner, and he was practically human too.

She stared at him as they walked towards the park. After a few minutes, she sighed. "I wonder what your real self is if you were actually a human," She stated to more to herself than to her companion, "Like how would you act and stuff."

As both of them reached the park and sat on a bench, Luke stared at her.

Dev bit her lip, feeling extremely uncomfortable under his gaze, "Why are you staring at me like that?" Her hand quickly shot up to her face, feeling if anything was stuck on it. Immediately after that, Luke's hand shot up and gently grabbed her hands, pulling it back down to her lap.

"There's nothing on your face, Devonne," He chuckled, "You're just really pretty,"

What the fuck.

What the actual fuck.

He sounded like a real human.

This freaked Dev out. She laughed awkwardly, tucking a stray brown strand of hair behind her ear - a habit she had when she was nervous.

Everything was freaking out her out. The fact that her life was so unrealistic and how weird it was that a boyfriend app even existed scared her. When did her life turn into some weird cliché movie? And Luke was bipolar as fuck. One moment he was so human-like, and the next he doesn't know how to answer a simple question like "what's your favorite colour". At this point, Dev didn't know what to think. In fact, she didn't know anything anymore, really. Except that Luke made her really happy.

And then it hit her.

After years and years of being a socially awkward geek who seeked happiness, she finally found it. She has smiled more these past few weeks than her entire life, and it was all because of Luke. How that one time he found her bra hanging on the laundry and put it over her head, Dev couldn't stop laughing. And that other time he stood up to that bitchy and blonde cheerleader named Kate in the hall at school for her. He made her extremely happy, and it weirded her out, because he wasn't even human.

He wasn't even human.

This sucked a lot. Really, it did, because knowing that the only person who could make you happy didn't know that he could do that was a really suckish thing.

She didn't really know anything anymore. But she did know one thing; he made her really really happy. There's not a day that passes that he isn't the reason behind her smile. Deep inside her, she wishes that one day, she could be the reason behind his smile.

But she couldn't. No, because Dev knew Luke wasn't even human. When he smiled at her, she knew it was not genuine. She knew that he was basically designed to make a girl feel happy and beautiful. And although she'd probably never admit it, he did make her happy, and he did make her beautiful.

He wasn't even human.

---

shit srry i suck fuck duck

IM SORRY THIS WAS SHORT IT WAS MEANT TO BE SHORT BUT THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER OK I PROMISE

welp i hope u lykd this !! i just wanted to show their relationship yaknow like wait no i mean i just wanted to show how dev felt about luke since yaknow luke cant really feel anything(((AS FAR AS U KNOW HEHE OOPS??))) and sorry if it is boring itLL GET BETTER I SWEAR I JUST DONT KNOW WHEN

SHIT GUYS I HAVE THE ENDING PLANNED HOLY FUCK ITS GOING TO BE GOOD I SWEAR WAIT ACTUALLY IT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER BUT LIKE I HAD A THATS SO RAVEN MOMENT IN DINNER JUST NOW IDK WHY BUT I SUDDENLY THOUGHT OF LIKE A GR8888888 ENDING AND IM SO EXCITED

BUT I KNOW I HAVE TO BE PATIENT SO I WILL BE PATIENT CEFN UUYI NRJNCGYG

ok so yep basically this chapter is how dev feels about luke after knowing(?) him for weeks slash almost a month srry but i hope u liked it !!

VOTE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE LIKE SHARE FOLLOW SWAG!

fuck i cnt bliv i just said that o need a dictionary ok bye this authors' note is way too long like literally longer than michaels dick lmao

$$,

jay