chapter 9

"@thextattoo: @182trash U couls SAy Devonne has a .......JONasS BROTHER IMF CUKIGN HILARIOUS" gab aka theonlyreasons tweeted this to me andi think i just fell in love with her goodbye

remember in chapter 5 where i wrote something like if this gets 1k reads ill backflip into a sea of sharks" well this story has over 6k reads and im still freaking out thank you so so much i want to suck ur asshoeels i love u enjoy!!

d e v o n n e
m a i s y

"Fuck, Luke," Jonas swore when he lost the game to the blonde-haired boy once again, "How is it that you're so good at this game? I literally just taught you not even five hours ago,"

Luke laughed, shrugging as he placed his controller on the living room table, "I'm a natural,"

"Natural cyborg, you mean." Jonas scoffed, placing his controller beside where Luke put his and finally giving up in trying to beat him at Fifa.

Just then, Dev frantically emerged from her room in a hurry, "Luke? Jonas? We're late for school! Fuck, fuck, fuck, it's like 8a.m., shit,"

The two boys stared at each other, both biting their bottom lip to prevent themselves from laughing.

"Wait, I forgot my schoolbag!" Dev exclaimed more to herself than to the boys, before rushing back upstairs to grab her bag.

Luke looked over to Jonas, "Should we...?"

Jonas looked back at him, laughing lightly before they both answered in unison, "Nah,"

Dev ran back out, saying a quick goodbye to her brother and "boyfriend" as she sped out of the house. It was only when she was halfway to school did she realize why Jonas and Luke weren't as frantic as her for being late for school.

It was a fucking saturday.

"Those fucking rascals," Dev cursed them, "I'm going to fuck them up so hard they'll fly to fucking Africa,"

Mentally killing them, she angrily decided to go somewhere else instead of home just so the amount of time she spent to get ready wouldn't go to waste.

Somehow, she found herself making her way over to Jevan's, thinking that some chocolate chip ice cream at about 8:15a.m. in the morning would be a great idea.

Walking inside the empty ice cream parlor, - because let's face it, what normal human being would eat ice cream so early in the morning? - Dev inhaled the familiar sweet smell of the various delicious flavors before walking over to the cashier.

"Hey Kaden," Dev greeted, pulling out a two dollar bill.

Kaden looked over to her, and flickered his eyes around her as if searching for something - or someone - before responding, "What? No boyfriend today?"

"Nope, not today," She replied as she handed over her money. To her surprise, Kaden shook his head, grinning widely.

"It's on the house," He says, grabbing a large cone and scooping a big scoop of chocolate chip ice cream, "Because you look cute today."

"Oh," Dev blushed deeply, laughing awkwardly as she grabbed the ice cream cone from the cashier, "Thanks, Kaden."

She then sat on an empty booth near the window by herself, the only people in the shop were the both of them. Her comfortable silence was ruined when Kaden thought it would be smart to walk over to her and keep her company.